1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Have Embarrassed the 'Hampton 5' Line Up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, May 17, 2018.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

who? the avatar?

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

roslolian, Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I tweeted him “Hamptons -118”, and he liked it. So...

D-rock, Tfor3, BigO and 3 others like this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting. He seems like he is better than McGee

Rocket River
    but I have not watched them enough

6. Mr. Space City

the hamptons 5 is one of the worst nicknames ever.

sounds like a group of rich housewives

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Fits the Golden Girls, dunnit?

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Extremely interesting, as they picked up the 3rd year option of Damion Jones instead.

9. thekad

thekad Member

What in the world are you talking about? Warriors are the most talented team ever assembled and huge favorites according to every betting market. They shouldn’t lose to any team after they added a league MVP.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Hey brother welcome to Clutchfans (although I see you've been a member since 2015). Always great to have classy fans from other teams join in on the discussion.

I have to ask though, do you really mean everything you just said regarding how great you think the Rockets are and your overall tone implying you really respect the Rockets as a team that could beat the Warriors this series?

All jokes aside, I really was under the impression that Warriors fans along with the national sports media outside of Houston look down on the Rockets and just don't give them a chance.

11. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

based off that it appears Iggy is the problem and Looney is the X-factor bringing up the NETRTG.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lulz. Let me guess. You are a vocal, negative Nancy at some GSW fan site, but you back-fired into a self-made meme, so you go bopping around opponent fan sites hoping others will listen to you and make you feel schpecial, again.

Or, you GSW fans really are Worriers Fans.

#32 heypartner, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

There's a reason he will never win a Finals MVP!

Nick_713 likes this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That could be true, but the lineup with Looney instead of Iggy has only seen 14 minutes total in 2 games. While they've been absolutely dominant for those 14 mins, that's too small of a sample size to really judge anything. But, from the eye test, Looney does bring them another element defensively that Iggy, McGee, West, etc don't have. However, offensively, Looney is a train wreck and it would allow the Rockets defense to further press their perimeter players. Either way, it's going to be fascinating to see what kind of adjustments are made for Game 3.

DavidRocket likes this.
  15. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Cur has an interesting dilemma for Sunday night.

1) Stay with his pre-series panic move to start the Hamptons -118, so as not to be seen as panicking on his “best lineup” and risk allowing us a good start to get comfortable on the road?

2) Or risk hurting his team’s ego by pulling the plug on starting the Hamptons -118?

rm365 and D-rock like this.
  16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Either way I just hope/expect the Rockets to maintain their "blue print" from games 1 and 2 and bring the discipline and focus to games 3 and 4. Rockets have a great chance to take both 3 and 4 with this game plan.

bj3175 likes this.
  17. Mr. Space City

i think kerr has to stick with the calabasas 5, because if he goes back to starting mcgee, i think mcgee is food on not only those switches but those lobs to capela as well.

juanm34 and D-rock like this.
  18. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

Yes, I think Harden is phenomenal! Year in and year out, I can only think of two players who are always in the conversation for MVP and that would be James and Harden. I love Curry, Thompson, Durant and Green, but of those, only Curry or Durant could be said to be in the same class and Curry, whether due to injuries or other issues is simply not as consistent as Harden. Durant is amazing offensively and I would rate him above Harden on his ability to make buckets, but Harden has a better ability to distribute and elevate other players' offense.

I grew up in the Bay Area and went to Berkeley where I learned to appreciate losing teams--Cal last went the Rose bowl before I was born--in1959). Rooting for a losing football team for many years, it came natural to me to root for a losing Warriors team for many years. They have had amazing success the past few years, but the rest of the league is not standing still.

When you see how other front offices have tried to construct teams, many have acquired lots of star pieces that just don't fit well enough together--look at OKC and Cleveland. But a couple have done really well--Boston and Houston. I think that moving away from Howard and shocking the league by bringing in Paul (many thought that two ball dominant players couldn't function well together) is a testament to the Rockets vision in putting together players whose personality and skill sets really would complement each other despite it not looking that way at first blush.

I can't speak for all Warrior fans, but the ones that I work with are very worried (Worriers is really an accurate nickname for us). I have even discussed with my wife splurging and spending nearly $800 to go to a game, but we opted not to because, while I can accept losing, she understands that the Rockets have a really good chance of beating the Warriors and then she would feel really bad for having spent so much money and seeing the Warriors lose.

As a fan, I certainly hope they win, but it is no given. I like our team and the personalities on it, even though I will readily admit that they have their flaws. If Harden can keep up his play and the Rockets are able to tire Curry out by making him play defense, I think the Warriors are in trouble. I tend not to place a lot of stock in the sportscasters who are constantly saying stuff to entertain their audience. Personally, I think that the odds of either team winning are pretty close to 50/50. Whoever wins the next game probably gets the odds shifted to about 70% in their favor.

19. Oakland Fan

Oakland Fan Member

Actually, I don't go on GSW fan sites because I think they have drunk too much of the koolaide.

ramotadab likes this.
  20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It really is. How do you go from "Death Lineup" to this? Self-inflicted wound.

rockets1995, MrSabotage, adw and 10 others like this.