1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fan(s) from Paris coming to town

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LeeDaiGer, Mar 24, 2013.

1. LeeDaiGer

LeeDaiGer Member

Hi everyone,

Me and my girlfriend (both from Paris, France, not Texas) are visiting Texas in April. We don't have any exact days but I think we are coming to Houston around the 20th, by the time of the playoffs.

Being a huge Rockets fan for over 20 years now I was wondering:
    - is it tough, in your opionion, to get tickets for a home game (though we definitely not gonna have home advantage anyways)?
    - what are the best bars (with the most intense rockets fans) in town?

Thanks already!

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Hello,
    Welcome to Texas!
    You should be able to get tickets last minute. I would stay away from anyone outside stadium.

Perhaps someone has a broker link as buying direct might sold out. There are sites like stubhub that might work.

3. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

If you cant get tickets, head to Jakes Philly Steaks for a pro-Rockets crowd that gets loud as hell AND cheap beer.

Also, Lukes Icehouse just got comcast so thats a loud and crazy place to catch a game.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

It will be easy to get tickets but they won't be for face value. The games will be sold out for sure and the season ticket holder get first dibs for tickets. I think the best way will be on stubhub or craigslist.

5. X32

X32 Contributing Member

try flashseats

Try this site. http://rockets.flashseats.com
    You can buy tickets online with no silly fees. All you need to bring with you is the credit card registered to Toyota center and they will automatically print your ticket at the door.

Cheers.

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Bro if you are here from Paris, I hope we can all make the effort to meet up somewhere and just freaking be loud as hell. I definitely would not mind doing this at Jake's. Especially for a playoff game!

7. LeeDaiGer

LeeDaiGer Member

Thanks already for answers!

Jakes Philly Steaks definitely sounds and looks great from what I can tell from their site.

Also, and for sure, I don't get too many chances to meet Rockets fans in Paris!

8. Shawndme7

Shawndme7 Contributing Member

Im thinking of going ahead and buying flights for the following weekend from NYC (April 26-29)

Im guessing that Playoffs start the previous weekend..with all the spacing

We play
    game 1 something like April 20,
    Game 2 April 23 or 24th
    Game 3 April 26, 27 or 28?

Im guessing They have to play one home game that weekend of the 26, 27, 28th right? Either game 3 or game 4.

If so im gonna go ahead and book the flight while its cheap

Game

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

Maybe in addition to watching games with fellow Rockets brethren, you can also join their weekend pick up game, assuming they still do that.

Also pics of said gf.

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Try flashseats like some others have recommended. You can get playoff tickets for sure, they just will be higher than face value. Still, when the lakers were in town in 2009, I got tickets pretty easy for the upper row at a reasonable price. By the way, I work for a company based in Paris, would love to visit one of these days.

11. Shawndme7

Anyone?
    Bueller?

You guys really think playoff tickets will be more than face?

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Did you just take over the identity of the OP?

13. nicolas

nicolas Member

that's not how we dress anymore i promise ;)

Good luck to OP from a fellow french Rockets fan (saint etienne)

14. Shawndme7

Naw just a post jack.

I didnt feel the need to make a new post for it yet....

But if one of you gusy dont answer me soon I will :cool:

15. LeeDaiGer

LeeDaiGer Member

So, we'll be in Houston on Sunday. I guess, we'll try Jakes Philly Steaks if there isn't another must-go-event. it also depends on the folks we are staying with.

Anything one should know? Apart from the fact the Harden was icecold against the Fakers (a game that I watched in NOLA where a lot of people were rooting for the Rockets btw) ... not the best time to get out of shape.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Big ups for making a trip across an ocean for our team. I'm seriously impressed!

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

welcome to texas! you should check www.flashseats.com or www.theticketexperience.com. the ticket experience is located locally in houston so you can pick up the tickets at their office if they are not able to e-mail them.

i like using them because their prices are the price you pay. they don't add any fees like stubhub.