1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Fan Roll Call: Favorite Non-Playoff Moments

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dkamberi25, Aug 31, 2022.

1. dkamberi25

dkamberi25 Member

In the dog days of the off season figure this might be a fun way to share some of favorite moments that probably don't get talked about too much as the playoff memories seem to dominate our most cherished memories.

Also figure we could all share how long we have been a Rockets fan. I became a fan following Drexler's trade to the Rockets in 95. Before that I was a fan of the Blazers as a kid which started with a birthday gift of a 87 Fleer Clyde Drexler card. I was still young enough when he was traded that I decided to follow him to Houston where I have remained ever since.

I'm sure this will probably be most everyone's favorite memory. Of course I'm talking about the 13 in 35 for T-Mac against the Spurs. I was in college at the time which was great for someone like me living in the Eastern Time Zone to watch Western Conference Basketball with no classes starting before 10. We were done and I started doing homework with the game in the background and once T-Mac hit that 1st 3 I put my pencil down and watched something that I don't think we will ever see again. Reggie Miller against the Knicks in the playoffs gets the most attention for craziest comeback but this one was truly special as T-Mac could not miss a shot.

Next up was a game I didn't see live but I remember watching the highlights the next morning on SportsCenter. I'm talking about Drexler's buzzer beater half court shot against the Nuggets not too long after he was traded to Houston. For me the significance of this was with Olajuwon out of the lineup Drexler had a monster game to go along with the game winner. I always looked at this moment as the beginning of that teams run as I believe it gave them the confidence in Drexler as they would need some big performances from him in the playoffs to win it all again.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

For recent Rockets memories, it would either be Harden's 3 over both Green and I think Durant, Harden's ankle breaker against the Clippers, and T-Mac's 13 in 35.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Recent Memory:[​IMG]

This game may need mean much but the rockets destroyed a Pacers team that looked like they were ready to take over the East.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

harden lickin his lips after he ankle break a player to swish a 3.

Pretty sure that sht is gonna b replayed over and over

Funny mentions
    Corey brewer monopoly celebration

Sam Dekker face planting

6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This was a hell of a game to watch.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Produced a lot of laughs:

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Yao vs Shaq 1.0 was epic. Yao worked Shaq over.

9. krosfyah

Dream quad-double

10. Layup Drill

Layup Drill Member

22 in a row was fun

11. krosfyah

Loved Yao, but this was funny.

12. krosfyah

Every time the Franchise touched the ball, a "best play" was possible. He was fun to watch.

...until the game was on the line and then he was maddening. But back to good vies, loved watching him play!

Believe It! likes this.
  13. MystikArkitect

14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Dobbizzle likes this.
  15. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Spoiling the Warriors ring night in OT 2017

Harden unguardable tour ridiculous win v Warriors in 2019

Harden 60 pointers v Ny, Orl

Pj tucker "stare at the ball" moment v nyk

Eric Gordon singlehandedly beats Utah a few years ago.

Yao v. shaq game

Cp3 "no layups" v Portland

TexasRedd likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Probably this:
    [​IMG]

Second place (and could easily be argued as the best ever):
    [​IMG]

Dark days have led us to this rebuild, but when it all clicks it's gonna be a blast again. Fear not, CFers.

Believe It! likes this.
  17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's going to be an odd one: but the New Years game against the Raptors in the 10-11 season.

From Australia obviously don't see a lot of games live, but I was at that game sitting in the corner next to the Rockets bench.

And a rookie Patrick Patterson has a huge put back dunk on our end of the court and it was that moment where I realised just how crazy and unbelievable these athletes are.

In recent memory - the Harden bomb over Green and Klay to win the game - all the more sweet because of the blatant attempt by the officials to give the Warriors the win.
    "What do you mean Durant was out of bounds by a metre? You're blind" - the baseline official.

18. fattz

fattz Member

The GSW game where they where out of bounds by 2 or 3 feet and didn’t get called. That moment confirmed A LOT about the league and I knew my team were champions with out the trophy. We celebrated because it no longer mattered.

clos4life likes this.
  19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thread of the year

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

My all-time favorite was when Dream blocked Starks to win it all