1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets/Astros Network Question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BigM, Sep 27, 2011.

1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The astros/rockets network that starts up next season is in partnership with comcast but does anyone know how this effects DirecTV customers? After going without cable for a while I decided to pull the trigger on 2 years with DirecTV since they're giving away NFL season pass. But, if I can't watch the rockets next season I'm going to cancel it before they come install everything.

Anyone have the scoop on this?

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

They have made it fairly clear it won't be a comcast exclusive. It might be a premium channel on non-comcast companies, but it will be available.

No franchise is stupid enough to give their fans that ultimatum. And no cable company is stupid enough to have the local teams games unavailable. Something will get worked out.

I'm amazed how many fans have their panties in a bunch, actually believing the Astros and Rockets are gonna try to force their fans to one cable company.

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Agreements take a while to work out. I know i won't be getting comcast even if I miss out on the Rockets.

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Comcast is evil.
    If they do something like this, I wouldn't be surprised.

5. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

It will probably work just how Fox Sports Houston does, they will buy into the service...DTV, UVerse or Dish. It will probably be part of a sports package that we'd have to sign up for but it will be available.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

thanks... I didn't even think about it until I was listening to Charlie on the way home and he brought up the rockets/astros network and their agreement with comcast and I had signed up with directv less than 2 hrs earlier. Thought I'd cover my bases before I go through with it, can't miss my Rockets.

I'd been with comcast for like a decade before I canceled and hadn't had any issues with them, hopefully directv will be just as good.

7. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

One thing I've noticed about Comcast sports channels, their HD Quality is VASTLY superior to that of Fox Sports.