1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets aggressively pursuing Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

No.

2. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

I don't wanna lose sweet lou though. why can't we just get rid of ryno????

Fulgore likes this.
  3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Would be nice to keep Lou and Eric but I know that won't happen

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Rockets- 3rd best record in nba, one of last 8 teams standing in playoffs, has top 5 player in his prime, has realistic shot at landing another top 10 player

But doesnt know what they are doing? Moreys plan is a plan of opportunism. He sets himself up to be in positions to be opportunistic about getting guys. Its not an A to B to C plan

Its a flexible plan. He recognizes that he cant control every factor so they are constantly adapting and staying flexible to take advantage of opportunities that may arise.

It's not like a blueprint or strict recipe. Its more of an art then a science

Plowman, Possum, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  5. Cash Cam

Cash Cam Member

Wya Wekko??

BigMaloe likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

The Paul-George angle makes a ton of sense.

We are going to have to beat the Lakers offer of 2 first round calibre rookies and Randle. Possibly Clarkson thrown in too.

To beat that, we would have to put this roster in disarray and cash in a significant amount of assets in a way that can't be reversed. So Morey seeks an agreement from George to extend. George says no. Morey says - well what would it take? George says if it's a guaranteed super team better than what the Lakers are claiming they can put together, he'll agree to extend.

So Morey now goes to Paul with this story, which might be why the stakes are raised and the pursuit is being called "aggressive" now. Unfortunately, Paul has to leave a ton of money on the table for this to happen, which would be the only hold up in this scenario.

Totally speculative, but not beyond belief. I also happen to think that the Lakers ARE willing to give up serious assets for George right now, they are just claiming they won't do it until another team beats their offer.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Elephant in the room here is is that it will take considerable roster moves to make this viable.

TheFreak likes this.
  9. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

JR what's there to Leverage? He can already get whatever he wants from the Clips.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

they should have just listened to 'holic :D

12. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I don't think this signifies that we don't have a plan or a direction. Didn't MDA already say he doesn't classify players by position in his offense.

The idea should be that one of Harder or Paul would always be on the floor so we don't have lapse in production when Harden sits.

I agree on Anderson, moving him seems silly but if it nets you two additional all star players who cares? He did spread the floor but also couldn't hit anything in the playoffs.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Hes like that dude who tries to acquaint himself with every single attractive girl hoping that an opportunistic situation arrives.

Morey keeps himself ready to pounce on any 2 am drunk text. Hes ready to be anyones rebound. Hes an opportunistic b*stard lol

He plays the numbers. Try for em all and a couple might say yes every now and then

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Love how people make up all these scenarios in their heads and state them as facts.

#54 xtruroyaltyx, Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

OR They are just trying to get more stars????? Considering you need multiple stars to win a chip these days... right?

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Considerable? Moving Ryno will be tough, but that's the only real obstacle.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

He's being facetious, but a no-trade clause is possibly on the table if he resists re-signing.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Wolves are in desperate need of some spacing around Wiggins, Butler, KAT, and Rubio. They could really use a stretch 4 like Ryno and they have the cap space to just absorb his salary if I'm not mistaken.

Then we can easily dump Lou and make an offer to CP3.

Ego, Bev, Dekker/Harell, and picks can all be on the table for Paul George.

gatsby, DonKnock, jayydela and 2 others like this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I agree with everything except for "chance to add another top 10 player"

I don't see what top 10 player we could feasibly be adding .

For the record , I don't think PG , CP or Blake griffin are top 10 players

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't get your hopes too up...Boston is the only team that can say that.

However, even if i know i shouldn't, i'm starting to think that maybe there's something going on here about Paul...these various reports about him playing here, Morey "confidence" and the fact that we're trying hard to get George...makes me think that maybe we already know how to dump the salary needed...