1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets aggressively pursuing Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 24, 2017.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

To be honest I don't know how Paul fits with Harden.... but if you can add a superstar, you do that and ask questions later...I trust MDA is going to put people in position to make the most in his offense. Trust it 100%. That's why not too worried about the Paul fit. When Chris Paul comes... that is going to open the gates for other rotational and possibly stars to come together and become a force. It all starts with our man and real MVP James Harden. He is willing and ready, so we make it work from there. Excited about FA; go Rockets.

Harden recognizes that Paul is an elite PG.. and could possibly do what Harden did, but better (assist wise). Hear me out...James Harden goes back to playing the 2 for most of the game. He is more rested, he can spot up, and he can create when he has the ball. That can only happen if the offense is in the hands of an elite point guard who can also create and pass at an elite level, i.e. Chris Paul.

I just do not like the fact that Eric Gordon trade talk. To me personally, Eric Gordon and James Harden are the only 2 people on this offense that fit like a glove. The fit in this offense is a match made in heaven, he makes the Rockets deadly off the bench as a true elite 6th man. I would hate to see Lou leave too, but rather Ariza, Anderson, Bev, Lou, Dekker first as trade asset than Eric Gordon.

I hope the Clippers are entertaining sign and trade possibilities because this will open up a plethora of opportunities for the Rockets in terms of adding talent around Harden and Paul... Even if the Clippers dont, I hope the Hawks (yes I think Griffin doesnt want to play with CP, so Milsap is the next best thing) will be entertaining S&T possibilities.

Last but not least, if Paul is in the fold, they both should reach out to PG and let him know what we are trying to do here in Htown, so he can let his preference be known, even it doesnt matter. Possbilities are endless, and with darell Morley in the cut, he can get creative.

Last but not least, IDC what anyone says...... Lets hope Carmelo gets bought out after all of this..... the choice to join us on the cheap would be the easiest decision he has ever made in his life.

If things fall thru with George and milsap, then deandre jordan isnt a bad fall back. JS.

dfbreyes likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i agree with you, but even if i hate him, i will never understimate Riley, you know he can make things happen...and Miami should be an attractive situation for a guy like Griffin all things considered, the city, low taxes, can also be the main guy there...

3. basketballholic

Yes, two alphas, if it happens. Two alphas who want to win baby.

Yaosthirdleg likes this.