1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets aggressively pursuing Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Fullcourt

Look at Melo's power right now. CP3 is eligible for a no-trade clause, which LAC might have to offer to keep him.

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Cp3 and harden is one of the best back courts of all time.

Yes there is a serious chance it happens MDA coaching harden and cp3 is music to MDA ears he would explode.

So many options on offense so many plays he's dreamed about that he can actually run.

And cp3 and harden know this

Mazulis, Gorki, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I believe the rockets already have paul George if they really want him but they are waiting for chris paul. It would be hard for paul George to leave with a team that has cp3 and harden on it. Morey probably just wants to play it as safe as he can before giving up 2 1st round picks

DonKnock, Chanmarr and Rocket Guy like this.
  6. Fullcourt

I don't think that's a likely scenario. Pritchard is playing hardball in Indy, and I think he's waiting for someone to blow him away, at least as much as one can get blown away relative to his handicapped situation. He might need to settle for a low ball offer, but his recent comments are very candid and real to me, and I don't think there's a deal they really like yet.

MrSabotage and amaru like this.
  7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

If you have Paul George PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!

DonKnock and Fullcourt like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That sounds dumb. I doubt morey would just be chilling waiting if he has Paul George in his hands.

9. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

We will probably end up with Cliff Paul instead

basso, RocketsFan92, Remlap and 5 others like this.
  10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I hope Chris Paul takes note of what Mike D'Antoni did for 30+ year old Steve Nash in Phoenix -- his offensive style turned Nash into a 2-time MVP and was runner-up for a 3rd -- all above age 30. You could argue that the Rockets have superior complementary pieces in place than did the Suns during that run.

Mazulis, Deuce, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Signs Chris Paul, gets old, broken down Cliff Paul instead. :(

[​IMG]

Deuce, DonKnock, RasaqBoi and 7 others like this.
  12. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I know this was tongue in cheek but Paul knows Reddick and Griffin are gone and the LAC are headed to the lottery. CP3 is a competitor not a Melo just show me the money and who cares about playoff appearances loser. Given this is his last big contract and chance for a title and the Cali taxes I think he walks.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Calvin Murphy faints

Gorki, DonKnock, RasaqBoi and 2 others like this.
  14. Normalus

Normalus Member

I think he does too. If he signs with Clippers again, that would only show that he is ok with losing. They won't improve the team, so why stay?

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Our topics are hawter than the real deal.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I'm not against adding a guy of CP3's caliber.

But just the idea of them doing this... kind of speaks to how there's really no plan here. It's just grab stars. We're going MDA space and pace, Harden as PG. Wait, nm, we need to bring in a new PG who needs to massage the ball a little more.

And are the moving/trying to move Anderson to make space? Isn't he the stretch 4 they wanted for the space and pace system.

Combined with last year's targeting of Horford first, then Bazemore, then having to move on.... it's pretty much just shoot from the hip kind of thing.

TheFreak and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

"Skinny"
    Paul Wall (NOT to be confused with fat Paul Wall) approves of this....:cool:

[​IMG]

DonKnock likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

that makes no sense...acquiring Paul George 1st only increases our chances of getting CP3 in FA

if Morey could've gotten PG then he would've already...Indiana is the one who's holding up the process trying to sift through the different trade proposals they've received while also holding out to see if they can get better offers

19. seeingred

seeingred Member

I'm pretty sure the strategy has always been "Get stars" and if not, then "Build around james". Seems pretty coherent to me. That's also the current strategy of every other team in the NBA (well, maybe the first part, ha)

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You could argue that last year. Going from Horford/Bazemore to Anderson/Gordon was definitely a contrast in styles, but that's what happens when you have a somewhat unattractive 41-41 team. Can't control who says yes.

This year is different... I don't think it's an indictment of the Rockets "not having a plan" so as much as it's just the reality of the modern NBA with the Warriors. It'd be great to have a cohesive system, identity, etc., but the unprecedented reality is that there's just zero way to compete with the Warriors over the next 5 years unless you pool multiple All-Star talents. Just look at the Spurs. Historically, they're the very definition of a "system," and they won 61 games last year and advanced to the WCF... and yet LaMarcus Aldridge and Danny Green are allegedly on the block as they try to get in the CP3 market. Mills is a virtual lock to leave, etc.

I get what you're saying, but today, it's less about lacking a plan and more just the cold, harsh reality of what has to be done to have any chance whatsoever vs. Golden State. Unprecedented times.