1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 100% trying to get Paul George

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jun 19, 2017.

1. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea he won’t sign there. Maybe George. But Westbrook might want to change scenery for a more flashy one like LA. I do think he will go there. George might not if they go far in the playoffs. I still would think Rw leaves okc.

And Melo i think he just didn’t wanna be in ny that badly that he decided to go to okc. But u guys really think Melo will sign there. Specially after living in NY.

2. ClearLakeTX

ClearLakeTX Member

its not about if MELO, P.G or WESTBROOK will stay

it about us being in a position to get P.G to stay, he would've been the man in the H the city would've loved him, and harden is less than a ball hog than westbrook.

Im not all that upset about melo hes older, but P.G morey shouldve went all in !!!!! and got his ass to stay with Harden, him and harden may not even be in their primes yet

3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I think you're right in that we should have prioritized P.G, but i think the rumors of him going to LA made it too risky. OKC has nothing to lose, they know they will have a hard time keeping any players there so its not a bad thing if they go all in. Houston is different though, we want to build winning teams and keep them that way.

If P.G and Melo leave after this year, you can bet that Westbrick will follow the year after. Then, they're a lottery team again.

Rockets have more stability, we have Harden locked up long term. If P.G or Melo want to play for a real team, they will come here next summer.