1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Red's Sandbox Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by countingcrow, Dec 20, 2000.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

David, I haven't emailed Jay to let him know about the site yet, but I will do that right now.

I can't wait until this thread goes to a second page because I am tired of scrolling all the way down here! [​IMG]

Good Luck tonight guys.

------------------

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

It's on the 2nd page finally but why don't you just start a new thread with the same title ? Rocket Red part 2

------------------

3. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

It's good to see somebody picked up a squad, no if only somebody was assigned to the Stevies, the league would almost be at full strength. It'd be an uphill battle with that team seeing that the C and PF positions are at zero games played, but they'd have a good squad to work with. Honestly, the fauj team is pretty weak and I'd feel bad for anyone who was forced to rebuild that roster.

One another front, I don't know who it was, but the tim thomas pickup was a good one. I don't see anyone winning that spot back on the bucks roster. The only thing is that team doesn't have enough basketballs to go around with three, and now possibly four, serious offensive threats. Anyhow, beat me to wire by a minute or two.

Jay's pickup of rip hamilton was a good one as well. The lower they sink the more time he should get.

And James, good trade with payton and ratliff (for both teams). The other team definitely had the depth and ability to give up more than me. giving up brand for him was losing his 2nd best PF while if I were to give up mason i'd have been giving up my top guy at that position.

Also, I'd be willing to trade nash and any of my PF's besides mason for a quality SG, SF, or an upgrade at PF.

Luck ya'll

------------------

4. DAROckets

If your the one that offered me the trade for Thomas then I had just picked him up off the waiver wire mere seconds before. [​IMG]

------------------

5. countingcrow

Heath and DARO, good trade by both teams involved.

Heath, you picked up what you needed in 2 starting 40+ players and also got Best in the package who is in a bit of a slump now.

DARO, you seem to be stocking up on those close-to-being #1 ranked position players. Webber will be there soon if something happens to Garnett and Mashburn has been going in and out of the #1 position for SFs. Kobe and Payton are both #1's. [​IMG]

I am still up for trades guys if you see something you like!

------------------

6. DAROckets

Well I see you accepted it.Way to go Heath.Good luck with the new players.

I don't have the depth I once had but a starting five of Divac,Webber,Mashburn,Kobe and Payton should be able to compete with the Shaq daddy's.

------------------

7. Heath

Heath Member

Yeah, I'm not done trading. Trading is fun. I felt that I got more out of this trade, than what I could have gotten from you - so thats why I didn't persue our talks after DARO made his offer. (But I could be wrong - that's what makes it fun) Now Best - get out of that slump - I know you can. [​IMG]

My team is as always open for trades - and that includes everyone - even the 3 I'm getting in now - but I probably won't make a new trade until this goes down in 30+ hours.

------------------
    Heath
    -where have all the spaces gone?

8. Heath

Heath Member

Ah, trades is starting to happen often in our league now. Another one for counting about to go down. Happy trading. [​IMG]

------------------
    Heath
    -where have all the spaces gone?

9. DAROckets

Yea,I guess James ought to be happy now.

I only have 4 original players left.How about you Heath ? You be a tradin foo [​IMG]

------------------

10. countingcrow

Yes, I am happier now that some trades have went down. [​IMG]

I may regret trading Brand away, but I needed a two dependable flex players to go with Oakley. I think I got them in Stojakovic (who I had earlier this season) and Camby. If the aforementioned can stay healthy and in their respective starting lineups then I feel that I came out on top with this trade, but only time will tell.

All I know is that except for Marc Jackson, all the rest of my 7 producers all have FP/G's of 40+. [​IMG]

What do you guys think of the Brand trade?

------------------

11. DAROckets

Hey Panda,

Let's work on a deal for Brand.I miss him.

[This message has been edited by DAROckets (edited January 10, 2001).]