1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Red's Sandbox Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by countingcrow, Dec 20, 2000.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

DARO,

What do you think? Do you want to work on a three-way trade with me and Heath? As long as I get Webber and 2 other flex-capable players then I am all for it!

Heath, I will trade you Jackson for Webber straight up! LOL

Yep, it sure was easier to make a trade for Webber before I acquired Stackhouse and Payton, because then the only player on my team that was untradeable was McDyess. Plus the Jackson addition was the best move I have made so far!

Anybody else interested in Ratliff, Abdur-Rahim, or Best???

Propose some trade! Get involved and participate! C'mon guys!!!

------------------

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Hey guys just wanted to say Merry Christmas and to thank you guys for not grabbing Oakley.

So Merry Christmas and thanks.

I dont have much time to work on any trades right now but will get back with you guys some time next week.

------------------

3. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

James, I sent you a reply on that trade proposal

Also, has anybody found a GM that would be interested in taking over the dead team, they have a 40+ FP average? There are seven or eight players on that squad that would sure to be a part of trade inquiries.

------------------

4. DAROckets

lol@James,

Hey,you do realize it was Christmas don't ya ?

[​IMG]

------------------

5. countingcrow

Is everyone still out of town? This whole forum has been vacant the last 2 days. I know I am not the only one trying to improve my team.

Nemers, how about that trade? I am still waiting for a response. Payton would be a great pickup.

------------------

6. countingcrow

Why is there such a lack of trades in our league? In Bob Finn's league it seems like each GM trades a player each day! [​IMG]

I am not saying that it is a bad thing, but I have made three trades so far and I feel I have greatly improved my team for doing so. And the #'s prove it. There probably hasn't been 8 trades the whole season in our league. You all probably think I am crazy or something for single-handedly trying to bring everyone together to discuss the happenings in our league, but I am just trying to get everyone involved. [​IMG]

So do you all think I am crazy? [​IMG]

------------------

7. Heath

Heath Member

And some of them are so happy of the trades too. [​IMG]

I think that part of the problem is what you mentioned in the other thread - we have dead teams - It actually seems like we have 3 dead teams, but we could hope that 1 or 2 of them is just on an extended holiday, but as you said why put Wallace on the Bench and Laettner in when you leave - that was kinda strange.

I also have made only 1 trade and I think it helped me, and it probably will be good for you also if Strickland can keep his number up. So it could have been good for both teams with you needing a PG and me needing an SF.

I also think that a reason it has been so many trades in BF* league is that they had an open list draft, while our was a position list draft. An open list draft will force trades as it will leave teams open at several positions, but afeter this has been accomplished they have more trades because they are more active. This being said I'm open for trades - or tradetalk her perhaps with any team that could improve my team , and hopefully both teams - easier to do a trade then, I actually try to keep both teams in mind when suggesting a trade. (Luch I'll appologize for the last offer - I really knew that it had no chance of going through, but it was a suggestion meant to show my interrest, and it was hard to try finding a fair trade when you have 4 of your players tied up in a trade suggestion of your own).

As I've said earlier for the right offer all of my players are available in a trade. SO lets get the tradetalk going.

------------------
    Heath
    -where have all the spaces gone?

8. DAROckets

It's hard to make trades in our league because everyone seems to be stacked pretty well at each position so ppl don't really have the impetus to trade other than maybe trying to pick up a flex player to shore up a weak position.

The type of scoring also plays a part.Since players are awarded points for their overall performance it really doesn't matter if you have a player who doesn't rebound as long as he is earning points by scoring.So I don't know what kind of scoring is used in the other league you mentioned ? but in a roto league their exsist more of a NEED to trade because you get points for each catagory such as scoring,rebounding and turnovers etc...Thats my take on that.

Dead teams-Stevies are with out a doubt dead and I would assume by his last post(that"next time gadget" remark)that Fauj(sp)has also thrown in the towel.

The BBallers-This is a friend of mine and what happend is he had a house fire that melted his computer.No kidding.

He is a college student,so when school is back in session he will probably access his team from campus.

------------------

9. countingcrow

Sorry to hear that about your friend. I guess you are correct in your assesment of the lack of trades in our league. I just wish we had every GM active.

How many teams did we start out with?

------------------

10. Heath

Heath Member

You're in the league - are you not :=)

We started out as 10, although we can hardly count Stevies as he have not visited his roster from before the season began. So 9 would probably be the most accurate number. But what I can't figure out is if you're not going to play even one day - why sign up in the first place? This ties up so many things. I know I'm not doing that good but I will stick it out through the season and improve. And next year - I'm unbeatable. [​IMG]

And teams that do pull out - would it be better if they waived their roster, or is it better having them as a dead team hoping that someone can buy them out? Who would buy a dead team?

As for trades - I've checked everyones roster compared to mine (the active GMs) and found actually 3-4 teams that I could do trades with. So if a deal can be worked out expect me to up my trades. I will suggest trades in the coming days (1 out now), so if you wanna join in on the fun come with offers (or counteroffers) to me and we might be able to help both teams involved.

------------------
    Heath

[This message has been edited by Heath2000 (edited January 04, 2001).]

11. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Just butting in here to answer your question. Dead teams do sometimes get bought: someone picked up the dead (and pathetic) team in my football league this year towards the end of the season, and turned it around (somewhat). Even if it remains dormant, no big deal. But a roster dump sucks. A guy did that last year to us in basketball and it ruined the season. And I say that even though I picked up his two best players off waivers (Penny and Nowitzki) and won the division as a result.

------------------
    "Thirty-seven?" -Randall, Clerks
    www.clutchtown.com

12. Heath

Heath Member

Yeah, but take into consideration that we probably have 3 dead teams in our league (of 10) putting clamps on possible trades. And roster dumps will anyway go on the waiver priority list. Having all 3 teams disolved would bring up all the good players for all teams (everyone would get a bite since it is 3 teams) and I think it would be easier to do trades later with all players available.

And anyway isn't it just another luck of the draft, all over again disolving the teams? Perhaps it could even out the luck of the original draft. [​IMG]

It's not a perfect solution, but I don't think you have perfect solutions either [​IMG] and I don't claim it to be right either, just fishing for oppinions - I'm a newbie [​IMG]

------------------
    Heath

13. countingcrow

I totall agree with your assesment of the team dump. It would suit everyone pretty well if the players on our dead teams were available on the wire IMO.

------------------

14. DAROckets

How do you guy's think a roster dump would even be possible ? These guy's are not even logging on or answering trade offers.

For the record,I think it's a terrible idea anyway.

------------------

15. DAROckets

BTW in my sandbox baseball league 3 dead teams were picked up by someone but it was in about the last month of the season.

------------------

[This message has been edited by DAROckets (edited January 04, 2001).]

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I'm not it your league so take this for what it's worth, but I think a roster dump would be a really bad idea. Wouldn't the teams at the bottom of the totum pole have the first shot at all of the players dumped?

------------------
    "Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." - Gandhi

17. Heath

Heath Member

Hey - lookie, lookie - we have a new GM in our league. Welcome Jay. Perhaps there is a perfect solution after all. [​IMG]

------------------
    Heath

18. DAROckets

Well that sucks because that guy was the one out of the 3 that was still planning on playing.Why wasn't it the Stevie's who havn't accessed their roster even once ?

Oh well,welcome aboard Jay.

------------------

19. Heath

Heath Member

Yeah, but we can't have it all ways it seems? How does a takeover work since it was the one that stopped playing latest that lost the team? And do you think he would consider coming back playing for Stevies after he lost his team - just to get the league more active?

------------------
    Heath

20. DAROckets

I'm not sure how it works Heath but I am under the assumption that you really wouldn't get to pick and choose the team you take over but instead would be assigned one.

The guy to ask is Jay.
    So James,did you e-mail him and tell him about this site ?

I offered him Marion for Finley but he turned me down.

------------------