1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Red's Sandbox Fantasy League

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by countingcrow, Dec 20, 2000.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Hey guys, I said I would do it so here it is. We need to try and recruit each active GM in our league to come and chat here at this BBS on this thread.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TEAMS!

P.S.--You guys at Bob Finn's league don't have to worry about us trying to break your post count because we don't have as much participation as you all. But you are welcome to join in the discussion and add you insights if you would like.

------------------

2. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Hey Crow,

Geez....Marc Jackson putting up monster #'s last night.

31pts. 2ass. 10reb. 5blks. 3stl.Holy cow the guy even hits a 3 pointer.

Damm that waiver priority list !

------------------

3. countingcrow

Yeah, if Marc Jackson can keep it up he will be the waiver pickup of the year. I don't see anything stopping him from putting up these types of numbers. Ever since he was put in the starting lineup he has produced far greater than expected. I still can't believe I was able to snag him off the waiver wire. I was #6, so I was sure I wasn't going to get him. But I guess miracles do happen.
    Hey DARO, why don't you have Oakley at one of your flex positions? That 52 was nice for Oakley last night and he has been consistently putting up good fantasy point totals the last couple weeks and his FP/G is up to 38. I had him on my team earlier this season. I got him off waivers, but then subsequently released him because he wasn't producing up to the level that I knew he could.

That Payton, Stackhouse-Miller, Kidd, Stojakovic trade added to that Jackson pickup has really changed my team. I have received a 60 and a 61 from Stackhouse since I got him and Payton has yet to play a game for me. I released Rose in that trade and picked up Artest from waivers because he is a starter and his FP has been rising slightly the last 5-10 games. I also picked up one of your former bench players in Vin Baker. His FP is understandably low now, but I feel he will put it together some time this season and it will go up to "flex" level proportions. But I could be wrong.

I wonder how many GMs in our league even know about the BBS?

------------------

4. countingcrow

Hey DARO, I have a friend that is interested in taking over one of the dead teams in our league. Can that happen and how would he go about taking over the GM duties for one of the teams?

------------------

5. DAROckets

I think the only dead team is the Stevies.
    The Bballers,can only access his team from school.

No,I dont think your friend can take over a team at Sandbox.People get on a list to take over dead teams but sometimes the team may stay dead all year.

Yea,I think both you guys did good on that Payton deal.

Did I miss anything ? Oh yea,if you want the OakTree back,make me a deal.

------------------

6. RENDIGGLER3:20

(72 for Jackson)I got Jackson in my league and the way we play you have to set your rosters by deadlines and Jackson came off waivers too late!I have to wait until next match up to put him in the lineup(we go head to head).I was 2nd on the priority list,Im really surprised someone #6 on the list got him!Good pick up Crow!!!

Oh someone bought a dead team in are league,you must have Sand dollars!

------------------
    President of the why in the Hell isnt Langhi playing club!!!

7. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

hey fellas got the e-mail...good idea...this is my second attempt, haven't used tha password in a while...anyhow, i'm the not so lucky owner of the luckenbach hilltoppers...i'll be sure to drop a line every so often as i approach the good life of eighth place

------------------

8. Dogbelly

Dogbelly Member

I've got a couple of teams going on over at Sandbox so between checking scores, Rumor Mills, and e-mails, I haven't been to the CC site much. Maybe this thread will get me back over this way more often. Team Muresan is running smoothly. The only thing I need on my team is a good PF. But I'm sure none of you want to hear about the "problems" with my team.

------------------
    Kenny Thomas had a foul called on him in the Western Conference Finals.

[This message has been edited by Dogbelly (edited December 20, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dogbelly (edited December 20, 2000).]

9. Panda Byte

Panda Byte Contributing Member

I'm willing to trade anyone on my team if it improves my team overall so any trade is welcome, just thought I'd let y'all know. What I really need to improve is my flex players... so hope to see some offers I lurk on here a lot so I'll just look in here periodically. See you guys around.

------------------

10. countingcrow

Hey DARO, I already emailed each active owner in our league and supplied them with a link so that they can register if they are already not a member. I sure do hope they all choose to join us. I guess time will tell!

------------------

11. countingcrow

I am glad to see that we have three more GMs join us.

Is anyone interested in Clarence Weatherspoon and his 36 FP/G average?
    Artest, Billups, and Baker are all available for trade if anyone is interested. Dickerson also!

I am very content with my starting 8 players except for Weatherspoon and I need to acquire someone through a trade or snag someone off the waiver wire to replace him or move him to the bench for now.

Hey Dogbelly, if Marc Jackson can continue at his current pace then I can give you a run for your money on your starting five. Also, why do you need a PF when you have Antoine Walker and his 49-50 fantasy point average. He has been doing well lately. I am puzzled on why you think you need a PF. What would you want from my team in order to get Jermaine O'neal or Bo Outlaw from you??

C'mon guys, I need one more solid flex guy!

------------------

12. countingcrow

Hey DARO, how in the hell did you accidentally waive Oakley?

Well, for your sake, I hope no one picks him up.

Alright guys, lets not all post at once! LOL! I know I am not the only one looking to pick up an additional player for my team.

Hey DARO, nice game from Kobe tonight! Interested in trading him?

------------------

13. countingcrow

Hey guys, I just waived Chauncey Billups and Ron Artest if you are interested in picking them up. Billups's 34 FP/G is pretty valuable, but he has been dramatically slacking off the last 3 weeks of play. Artest plays starters minutes, but for some reason or another, is not consistent.

In Artest's place, I had to pickup Ruben Patterson. He has been playing well lately under McMillian's tutelage and he put up a *60* last game in only 31 minutes.

In Billups's place, I had to pickup Jeff McInnis. He plays consitent minutes each game for the Clippers and has some good high-scoring games to go along with some games when he disappears. It really pained me to waive Billups because he was doing so well earlier in the season, but things change. Hopefully, McInnis will work out better for me.

Anybody interested in Baker or Dickerson?

------------------

[This message has been edited by countingcrow (edited December 23, 2000).]

14. countingcrow

Glen Rice has been playing pretty well lately and I have a feeling that Van Gundy is showcasing him for a trade. So this is a perfect opportunity to pick him up! Not to mention, that whoever trades for him will probably make him the #1 or 2 guy on the team, so that is very beneficial.

By the way, in order to get Rice I had to waive Dickerson so he is now available.

I was bored tonight so I just thought I would clear my bench. LOL

GOOD LUCK GUYS!

------------------

[This message has been edited by countingcrow (edited December 22, 2000).]

15. DAROckets

Dont know....doh

I was in a league last year and a guy accidently waived Payton,well no one picked him up and believe me ,I wanted to pick him up.So anyway I hope what comes around goes around like Momma said [​IMG]

------------------

16. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

james, did you get the message posted in the rumor mill on dead teams? that one we have the, houston stevies, has a solid lineup.

well, it took some time, but i had to give up on kemp, googs, and and chucky atkins. taking kemp as my west pf in the draft is going to prove to be my downfall, or at least one of the many reasons for it.

i like the ruben patterson pickup, the glen rice one looks like a 'lil more of a longshot. i had him last year and earlier this year, a trade will help his value significantly. and alan, you may already know this, but snow is out for at least another four weeks. antonio daniels may be a good substitute if you're looking for a backup pg. he's got the starting duties while aj is down in san antone.

------------------

17. Heath

Heath Member

Perhaps its time for me to join in on the forum activity too. As I'm open for trade suggestions for any player there could perhaps be an opening for a trade with the Hoopsters.

I currently have:
    C Olajuwon 31, White 28
    PF Webber 62, Wallace 36, Martin 35
    SF Howard 36, Anderson 20
    SG Allen 44, Mobley 35
    PG Cassell 38, Strickland 37, Stoudamire 35

Of course Webber is my biggest contributor and also most interesting player in a trade, and I have a current offer for him that goes like this:

I give:
    PF Webber 62
    PG Cassell 38
    SG Mobley 35

I get:
    SF Rahim 50
    PF Ratliff 38
    PG Best 41

My first thought was a big No, and then I thought for a while and have to say it is not as bad as I first thought, but not enough for me to part with Webber. In a trade like this I would lose a lot at the PF spot, and not get the loss back at SF. The PG situation would be about the same (a little better) and I would leave the SG position very open.

In a Webber trade I will be looking for a star player back, and Rahim would fit that bill, but as Webber produce more (62-50) I would have to get more from the other parts of a trade. It was suggested on the rumour mill that we could think up a 3 way trade to have more options to getting even trades - but then again we need 3 teams to agree to a trade.

Ok, this will have to do as first thought in the thread - feel free to suggest moves in the thread, as I have been reading it from the beginning - just not responded to anything yet.

------------------
    MOOOOCH FRO THREEE!!!
    DaDakota's headline suggestion in the chat, after Mooch banked in - with the Fro - a three to give the Rockets their 3rd straight win to secure a 3-1 roadtrip.

18. countingcrow

Heath, if you don't want to accept the trade proposed to you then come back at me with a proposal.

I will give up Rahim, Best, and Ratliff. Now you can propose a trade to me involving Webber and two other players on your team. Propose what you would think is a fair trade on both sides and then we will talk.

Mobley is not a must, but I do need a backup SG. On the other hand, I do understand that you don't want to be left without a backup at SG yourself. Actually, anyone is available on my team except Marc Jackson, McDyess, Stackhouse, and Payton.

I'll be waiting for your proposal.

P.S.--Don't include Shandon Anderson in the proposal because I won't even consider it.
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by countingcrow (edited December 23, 2000).]

19. Heath

Heath Member

Hey stop dissing Shan - he is actually playing for me today - I know he will probably burn me, but I have the feeling he will step out of the funk today - on the other hand he is a long term project for me in hoping he will get it together soon - but if he will not turn it around soon he will probably be cut so then yoy can have him for free. [​IMG]

I will check out your roster and see if I can't shell out a proposal.

btw I'm a bit short at center too - how about Webber for Jackson?

------------------
    MOOOOCH FRO THREEE!!!
    DaDakota's headline suggestion in the chat, after Mooch banked in - with the Fro - a three to give the Rockets their 3rd straight win to secure a 3-1 roadtrip.

20. Heath

Heath Member

Damn that was hard - actually too hard.

In fact I can't find a fair trade between our teams that include Webber, and exclude the players you mentioned. I think it was easier before your big trade, and in fact easier to have tried working out a 3 way trade with the Rippers, now we will just have to wait until you make more of your players tradeable or we can swing a 3(+) way trade.

------------------
    MOOOOCH FRO THREEE!!!