1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rocket Love from ESPN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dave Jamerson, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Dave Jamerson

Dave Jamerson Member

Houston Rockets

Additions: Glen Rice

Subtractions: Hakeem Olajuwon, Shandon Anderson, Matt Bullard

Rookies: Eddie Griffin, Terrence Morris

Did you ever see a coach actually get caught with his hand in the cookie jar on national televsion? Rudy T couldn't help but blush when the Rockets picked up Eddie Griffin in a draft day trade with the New Jersey Grizzlies. Oops. Memphis Nets. Sure, they lost Hakeem and all that he has meant to the franchise in the past, but look at their future. They re-signed Maurice Taylor, got Glen Rice and stand at only $38 million in salary. They still need someone ugly in the paint, but few teams are going to be both as exciting and evolving.

Grade: B-plus. Another off season, another piece.

This has been the top grade awarded yet for offseason moves. Good to know we're not the only believers in Dawson's personnel moves!

2. Yakeem ASunKing

The addition of Marc Jackson should push us to an A, don't you think. B+, and were not even done, not bad, not bad.

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I'd give them an A+ but the loss of Matt still burns me inside, A.

4. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Pepcid AC works well for that.

5. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

deanbcurtis,
    exactly. feel the same way

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I guess getting Webber would have given us an A-plus. That's probably the only real impact guy we could have gotten...the only true superstar who we had a shot at. All things considered, I'd give the Rocks a B-plus

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'd go with a B + as well. It would have been nice to have been able to keep a roster spot for Bull, but at least he's in good hands in Charlotte! :) If the Rocks can get us a Marc Jackson or Jahidi White, or some bruiser in the middle I would push the great up to an A- definitely, and if the Rocks can find a way to keep Moochie definitely an A to an A+!