1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

geez

I wonder why Trump is paranoid the deep state is out to get him and overturn and election result

what path (described as an insurance policy in the event Trump is elected) did Page suggest to McCabe?

of course, we'll never be told

#921 Commodore, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Lets not beat around the bush here, why don't you tell us what you think the insurance policy was, in the worst case scenario.

3. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

So then why did Comey even stir up that email controversy with Clinton in the first place if she was who he really wanted? I'm confused.

mtbrays likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

LOL. "We can't take that risk" is something I heard a lot of anti-Trump people say in 2016, from all parts of the spectrum.

"We can't just assume he'll lose," they said, over and over, and not just in the general. In the primaries also. Get out the vote, talk to your friends and family, donate, go to rallies, protest his flaws, etc.

His analogy to insurance -- who knows, and who cares, since dude was removed from the case, right? -- might just be along the lines of what many sane people were talking about at the time: being active citizens. Too many of us, myself included, just kept assuming it couldn't happen. I voted but didn't do much else.

I love the attack of "bias" but with absolutely no complaint about the merits and facts of the cases presented so far.

There is a lot more outrage from some, like Commodore, over this agent's text message than there is about a campaign official saying "I love it!" in an email to Russians about hacked dirt on an American politician. (Cry out loud.)

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Trump is using a slippery slope to discredit the FBI and thus Mueller...

I can definitely see that “bias” argument used against them if they actually investigate Hillary... and not just talk about it.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Trump and his supporters pathetic effort to attack the FBI, DOJ...

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the beginning of a coordinated campaign to impugn Robert Mueller. Why anybody would want to do that for the benefit of Donald Trump is beyond me. Volunteering to fall on the sword for a guy who would push his own children onto the blade is insanity.

#927 mtbrays, Dec 13, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    B-Bob likes this.
  8. NewRoxFan

9. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Send deputy AG to the resign/fired island.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

nothing to see here, just high level DoJ officials discussing an insurance policy path should Trump get elected

11. dmoneybangbang

So... then Hillary shouldn’t be investigated? How can there be impartiality when Trump/GOP chant “lock her up”? Should we get an apology issued for the Benhazi investigation too?

Slippery slope by Trump and co trying to discredit the investigation.

12. NewRoxFan

Senior justice official dismisses Republican charges of bias in Trump probe
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...2be1&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I disagree with the last sentence. Until there are robots and/or drones conducting these investigations, this will always be corrupt. It is almost impossible to find a human that actually likes Trump as a person, and is also intelligent. So until these things happen, it is most certainly going to be biased.

14. B-Bob

You're biased, so we can reject anything you've ever associated with.

Wow, this is fun!

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's possible for people to hold opinions about political figures but still behave or investigate professionally. Having feelings about a political figure and their politics or even style doesn't automatically make the person unable to carry out their job without bias.

However, every person may have some biases based on their own experiences. Those biases may or may not be based on their political beliefs.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Lol. Yep. These dumbasses seem blissfully unaware that their own tactics will be used against them once they've opened that door.

17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do too. Why does that insinuate people are willing to abuse their authority, and position to somehow fake evidence in an effort to frame the president.

To use this to come to that conclusion and worry about it would indeed unfounded paranoia.

18. CometsWin

It's what Trump always does, so they project that on to everyone else.

19. CometsWin

The rats are gearing up to jump ship.

Trump insider: 'It's painfully obvious Mueller will bring charges,' in explosive new report
    http://www.aol.com/article/news/201...-obvious-mueller-will-bring-charges/23306340/

Former campaign adviser Roger Stone says the downfall of President Donald Trump is inevitable and is already planning to profit off the collapse with a book deal, according to a salacious new report from Vanity Fair.

Stone predicts that Robert Mueller's investigation will lead to charges, not necessarily related to the possible collusion with Russian officials, as has been suggested by some.

"It's painfully obvious Mueller will bring charges," Stone said, according to the report.

"The theory is Mueller will indict him on some process-related matter," Stone added, suggesting obstruction of justice. "The only people who don’t seem to know it are Ty Cobb, [John] Dowd, and the president."

Other Trump allies have suggested Mueller's probe could lead to Trump's undoing.

Last week, Chris Ruddy, the CEO of conservative Newsmax Media, said Mueller's investigation poses an "existential threat" -- especially given the speed with which his probe has gone.

"He’s gotten four major — two convictions, two plea agreements," Ruddy said. "Lightning speed. I mean, during the Clinton years, it took Ken Starr and Robert Fisk four years.”

The comments come as Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who appointed Mueller to his role, defended the team and its investigation on Capitol Hill after reports emerged that two agents who once worked with Mueller had exchanged anti-Trump text messages.

Stone also believes that allegedly "disloyal" members of the Trump Cabinet could play a key role in his removal from office, according to Vanity Fair.

Yung-T likes this.
  20. B-Bob

The frame job is SO GOOD, that they've already convinced 2 Trump people that they're GUILTY! :eek:

Yung-T and FranchiseBlade like this.