1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

This looks into who would have been able to approve the hush money payment...

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I bet he releases findings right before primaries LOL!

the same thing that allows you to construct an entire situation and narrative based on your own speculation.

I doubt it. Graham and others have called out Trump's BS several times. If Russian election hacking was proven now, someone like Graham would go apeshit to remove Trump.

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The simple reality here is you have a cabal of idiots who were used to getting away with white collar crime. It was easy to avoid the limited reach of state and local authorities, based on the systematic advantages afforded to the wealthy. This stupid mafia stumbled into a white house bid, fully intending to lose, while aiming too pull as much publicity and cash out of it as they could, before they faded out of the picture. By sheer dumb luck, they actually won, which unleashed the spotlight and investigative power of the country onto them, revealing their true nature, which they were in no way prepared for.

They will likely all be indicted, whether it due to Russian Collusion or any other run of the mill white collar crime.

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Unlikely. Graham would speak loudly about it, but then do nothing.

Let us see what Graham does wrt MSB and Khashoggi. I suspect nothing.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It isn't bias to say that comparing what trump did before he took office in order to insure that he won, and what he has done and said since to cover it up doesn't remotely compare to Edwards. It doesn't. I find posts like this both sad and amusing.

"Also, you don't have to get all tribal and black and white with your thinking and turn people simply into ones that are only for Trump or against Trump. It's ignores any kind of nuanced thinking and comes off as very simplistic. Sorry if that comes off as a bit rude, but you are continually and single mindedly focused/obsessed over Trump and any potential wrong doing that might have occurred. The constant crying of wolf makes it hard to pay attention or even care about any Trump related stuff anymore since everything that gets reported is sensationalized. The media circus is Trump and politics nearly 24/7 as if there isn't anything else going on in the world. You and others hyperfocus on Trump and Republicans as much as Cojete and Senator hyperfocus on foreigners, black people and Africans lol. Just at least recognize that you are very biased with politics and getting into an us versus them mentality doesn't help out anyone."

The person twisting himself into a pretzel to diminish what trump did during the campaign and what he has done since taking office is you, robbie. The circus is what surrounds trump. There are many, myself included, and certainly the member that you addressed your post to, who care deeply about the chaos and damage trump is causing not only here, but across the world. There is no "hyper focus." We can talk and chew gum at the same time. We can also walk around with our eyes open. "Us versus them?" Describes perfectly what the White House meme has been since trump took office. You attempt to place yourself in the middle, but that isn't where you are, not in my opinion, not when you put multiple false equivalences in one post, although I'll give you points for condensing several. With all the goodwill in the world, I suggest that you take off your shades and view what is actually happening. What trump has done and is doing is serious, it is dangerous, and it isn't over. Not in my opinion.

#5305 Deckard, Dec 11, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    dmoneybangbang likes this.
  6. ipaman

You could play WOULD HAVE game all day long though. What if Hilary didn't setup private email server, didn't cough, didn't fall. What if Bill didn't meet AG on the tarmac. You could go on and on for both sides.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

They are false equivalencies, ipaman. They didn't involve a hostile foreign power attempting to influence our national election in order to get what Putin viewed as a person far more favorable to Russia's interests in office, interest #1 being the removal of severe sanctions due to the invasion and annexation of an important chunk of a sovereign neighbor, Ukraine, and the on-going Russian supported conflict in the eastern part of that country, intended to destablize that neighbor.

Hakeemtheking and NewRoxFan like this.
  8. larsv8

Hillary didn't create shell corporations to hide the fact that she coughed.

Its not the crime, its the coverup.

That is why it is called Conspiracy to Defraud Voters.

9. ipaman

No, they are all things that happened that could not have happened and in doing so impact the election.

10. ipaman

You folks won't admit that things that did or didn't happen could have impacted the election. That's all I'm saying and you guys can't. Predictable and unfortunate.

11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... you are equating Hillary Clinton coughing to trump's and campaign interactions with russia and the possibility of russian influence on the 2016 presidential election? Seriously?

12. larsv8

That is not a coherent thought.

biff17 likes this.
  13. WNBA

WNBA Member

Expect Putin will release something that will hurt DNC and change the topic.

14. ipaman

You guys are worse than kids on Christmas morning. Completely delusional making arguments that I don't mind except you ignore the same arguments if it counters yours. I want justice, you all want what you want.

15. No Worries

I think that the majority of us want justice and will wait for Mueller's final report before weighing in on impeachment.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Lol, somebody bought that? People do not give away money just to help acquaintances deceive their spouses. I hope this was not the point that hung that jury.

I think it's pretty comparable. But Edwards' case was never decided so it can't really be a precedent.

Good lord, this should not even by a hypothetical. I've been very patient, but to go to 2020 would stop being due diligence and start being utter mismanagement. If what we're seeing right now isn't the build to the climax, I think the entire country is going to lose its patience with Mueller.

I guess we'll see.

17. biff17

biff17 Member

What justice for you want from Bill meeting lynch?

18. ipaman

Nothing. Was merely pointing out how that even became a lighting rod for the right and could have had an impact on the election like any major event that did or did not happen during that election. It's the what if game that several are trying to play with Trump and the election. My point is you could do that with damn near everything that did or didn't happen prior to the election. Which was part of my other point, I want real democracy and real justice, many here want their specific version of both.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Trump could be indicted in 2021 — unless he’s re-elected
    By Juleanna Glover

The presidency itself may amount to Donald Trump’s best legal defense.

If President Donald Trump is reelected in 2020, he will win more than four more years in the White House. He might also delay or even dodge any criminal prosecution.

A Justice Department filing on Friday underscored the depth of the president’s potential legal exposure, after prosecutors found that Trump directed his then-personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, to silence two women ahead of the 2016 election who claimed to have had affairs with the businessman-turned-politician.

Prosecutors say Cohen’s payments to the women constituted illegal use of campaign contributions, and some legal experts say Trump could be vulnerable to criminal charges as a result. But long-standing Justice Department protocol dating to the Watergate scandal holds that a sitting president can’t be indicted when in office.

That would change as soon as Trump transitions from sitting president to former president.

“Once he’s out, he is like any other citizen and he can be indicted,” Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, told POLITICO on Monday, while noting that he did not expect that outcome.

That could mean the presidency itself may amount to Trump’s best legal defense.

[more at the link]

20. No Worries

I think that the whole *Sitting President Can Not Be Indicted* is not quite the DoJ rule. IRRC the DoJ rule is that *a sitting President can not be indicted and then prosecuted*, which implies that a President can be indicted but prosecution will have to wait until after he/she leaves office.

There is a Statute of Limitations that will need to be negotiate in order fro Trump to be prosecuted after he leaves office in 2020 or 2024.

Amiga likes this.