1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Oh, whoa: you are suggesting it, aren't you? 2020 sees the rise of... President Rock.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Meanwhile, the Trump syndicate is putting out there spokespeople to put up a verbal defense from Meuller's investigation:

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

What ever modern day president provided, which president Trump said he would provide during the election, is now suppose to be off limits to the special counsel? LOL.

4. Buck Turgidson

WaPo reporting that Trump and his lawyers have been casually discussing his pardoning powers, as they extend to his friends, family and himself. Trump was described by one source as "just curious".

CometsWin likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Trump is trying to normalize open corruption, bigotry and stupidity.

Not a legitimate president.

Amiga likes this.
  6. pirc1

He will pardon Jr for sure.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Can we please get to Pres. Pence sooner than later? The clown show needs to end quickly.

8. pirc1

I actually want to have president Trump for four years, should be super fun. In the future, when ever a conservatives brings up anything, all you have to say is "Trump".

9. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There's something he's afraid of in the returns, AKA, the original thing voters were asking to see all the way back in the GOP primary. Here are all of the excuses offered by the president and his supporters about why we can't see them (hint: they're all bullshit):

10. Buck Turgidson

I'm afraid Pence could actually be a functional President. I do not want Mike Pence as a functional President.

pirc1 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

I just think it is a stunning thought that only six months into Trump's presidency the key questions are about collusion, obstruction of justice, and now... "can the president pardon members of his administration, members of his family, and himself?"

CometsWin and peleincubus like this.
  12. pirc1

Pence will do all the things Trump is doing without the craziness, which is worse IMO.

13. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But can you really put a price on librul tears?

B-Bob likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Whatever Pence could possibly be (politically), I would just point back to all the notable things Gerald Ford accomplished replacing Richard Nixon. And mind you, Gerald Ford's integrity was never questioned (even after pardoning Nixon). I would anticipate the one thing Pence would have to focus all of his energies on restoring American and international faith in a functional government (as did Ford).

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I think it's f***ing hilarious that the Trumpers think that the Special Prosecutor should be friendly to the people he's investigating.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm fine with that. Republicans won. I don't expect liberal policies. I just don't want a crook as head of state.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If the media would just quit doing its job and leave him alone, sheesh -- then he could get something done for America!

CometsWin and Amiga like this.
  18. pirc1

I did not say they didn't win, but given a choice, I want to have Trump with his craziness while getting nothing done vs Pence getting a whole lot of Republican agenda into law. Think of all fun we will have for the next four years.

19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Fixed.

20. NewRoxFan

OK, its Friday, we need a bit of humor: