1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rival Execs Want NBA To Intervene On James Harden Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Pringles09

Pringles09 Member

James Harden may already be in violation of his uniform player contract as he has yet to report to training camp with the Houston Rockets as he continues to seek a trade.

The Rockets likely don't want the situation to escalate at this point as it would involve the union.

"I'll tell you this, Mr. MacMahon," said Zach Lowe. "I have already heard from, I don't know, three, four people out of the blue today who don't work for the Rockets but work for the other 29 teams saying 'the league has to step in and do something about this. This is not okay.'

"This is going to become the latest referendum on player empowerment and when does it go too far? I think it's a nuanced and fascinating topic. But it's already spiraling out of control."

The Rockets are also "clinging to the hope" of convincing Harden to remain with the franchise.

ZACH LOWE, TIM MACMAHON/ESPN

s3ts, gatsby, kevtse and 4 others like this.
  2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

This is what happens when you don't have an actual agent but rather listen to Lil Baby. Does he realize he's festering around with Tilman's money tree during a pandemic?

3. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Maaan I was holding out hope James would look at the new roster and at least give it a chance for half a season. This is not looking good. If he reports tomorrow and apologizes and gets to work then there is hope. If they still hadn’t heard from him tomorrow, then it’s probably irreconcilable at that point.

This sucks cause I thought with the additions and James on board we could be good.

glynch, TMac'n, bmelo and 7 others like this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Appreciate Zach Lowe treating Tim with the utmost respect in their conversations.

basso, xiki, King1 and 4 others like this.
  5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That ****ing snake KD got in his ear. And he dumped Travis for his new baby lil baby gave that lil baby 100 g’s cash.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think this has anything to do with the new players and everything to do with our owner.

1. He voted for Trump which is a bad look during all this BLM stuff.
    2. He has shown time and time again he's unwilling to spend Money. Even in this do or die off-season he traded away Covington in order to sign Wood just to avoid the Tax. We keep making lateral moves and nothing to make the team better.

7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I wonder if Harden is the 1st superstars that refusing to report his team?

xiki and Rocket River like this.
  8. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Harden ain’t reporting anywhere. He says the rockets are the knicks of the south

9. riko

riko Member

Harden wants the Rockets to void and rip up his contract

Jontro likes this.
  10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I can't imagine how frustrated this is making Silas. Think about all of the planning and thought he put into how he wants to run his first offense as a head coach. Now he can't implement any of it because his star player is behaving like a 13 year old...

11. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Yeah I know it has a lot to do with Tilman not willing to spend to improve the roster in recent years, but I was hoping with Wood, Cousins, and Wall it might be different. Maybe the damage is already too far gone at this point.I guess we will see if he reports tomorrow and what happens at that point. I’d imagine there would need to be a conversation with James, Tilman, and Silas before he gets to practice with the team.

winning solves everything, BUT if he is not willing to give the roster a chance then they need to move him cause it will only get worse with the rest of the team not appreciating what he is doing by holding out or not playing hard cause he mad....

Highlyrated likes this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I think if it was Wood Wall Cousins added to last years team he'd be more willing to play for us. But he knows come trade deadline someone is getting dumped with all those picks they acquired for LTS.

13. HardenVolumeOne

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

B-Bob and Plowman like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not even close

Rocket River

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That’s understandable. Owners already don’t like stars bullying their way out when they are soon to be free agents, so now way do they want to let someone force their way out with multiple years on a deal. Especially since the contract year doesn’t start until a player reports.

I’m sure TF is getting calls to hold his nuts on this one.

amaru likes this.
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I got a novel idea. If you sign a contract then honor the contract. If you have reservations about if the contract is suitable for you or not then negotiate a different contract. I know its kind of out of the box approach but that's just my take.

Mr.Scary, bro2044, Kevooooo and 11 others like this.
  18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Does he that half the country voted for Trump right? If you take Trump voters out of the picture then I am sure a huge portion of his contract would lose value, far more than the China deal.

19. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Wish Harden would give this team a chance. With no Russ jacking up 24 shots a game, we're definitely better off this season.

MC31B, Crashlanded19 and BallSoHarden like this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rival executives can piss off