1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Ryan O’Neal, Star of ‘Love Story,’ ‘What’s Up, Doc?’ and ‘Paper Moon,’ Dies at 82

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Dec 8, 2023.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    Ryan O’Neal, the boyish leading man who kicked off an extraordinary 1970s run in Hollywood with his Oscar-nominated turn as the Harvard preppie Oliver in the legendary romantic tearjerker Love Story, has died. He was 82.

O’Neal died Friday, his son Patrick O’Neal, a sportscaster with Bally Sports West in Los Angeles, reported on Instagram. He had been diagnosed with chronic leukemia in 2001 and with prostate cancer in 2012.

“As a human being, my father was as generous as they come,” Patrick wrote. “And the funniest person in any room. And the most handsome clearly, but also the most charming. Lethal combo. He loved to make people laugh. It’s pretty much his goal. Didn’t matter the situation, if there was a joke to be found, he nailed it. He really wanted us laughing. And we did all laugh. Every time. We had fun. Fun in the sun.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...-Ey2I9fbKGDAt9k8Uzav43977ZGLKxpTmOOmBwmCv5IBY

FrontRunner likes this.
  2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

We need an Obituary forum

GRENDEL and ROCKSS like this.
  3. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

he was alright in barry lyndon

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

the first time i saw paper moon was 30 years ago and i had taken some acid and it was the midnight movie on channel 13, which OG houstonians would remember was the ABC affiliate. you wouldnt think so because its a B&W film set in the depression-era, but it was a really good movie to trip to.

Nook and MadMax like this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I always think of him from “Chances Are” with Robert Downey, Jr.

RIP

6. droxford

droxford Member

"What's Up, Doc?" is one of the best movies ever made, and I strongly recommend it, even though it has Barbara Streisand in it (YUK!). Absolutely hilarious movie!

Colt45, Nook and ROCKSS like this.
  7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

RIP.................on the up side he has this waiting for him

[​IMG]

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Posters Begin

[​IMG]

9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I had that one...........I wonder what happened to it