1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP ric ocasek

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tallanvor, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Loved that song. One of the first I burned on Bearshare back in the day.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This one REALLY hurts. I LOVE The Cars. I was actually just listening to their first album Friday night and thinking how criminally underrated they were and have always been.

I remember listening to this one on my headphones when I was a kid and thinking how cool it was that, as he was saying "moving in stereo" his voice was actually moving from one ear to the next.

And I've said it here many times.....it's impossible to not be in a good mood when you hear this song. Seriously...try it. Try listening without bobbing your head, singing along and smiling. It's literally impossible.

Nook, peleincubus, B-Bob and 4 others like this.
  3. mick fry

mick fry Member

And you call yourselves fans? :oops:

peleincubus likes this.
  4. mick fry

mick fry Member

Who doesn’t hear this song and not think of Phoebe Cates from Fast times?

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I've always had an appreciation for their music and, obviously, they had plenty of hits that stick like glue in your mind. But, it wasn't a band I followed or would ever listen to much outside of when they were on the radio...which they always seemed to be on the radio in the 80s/90s especially. In fact, I didn't even know his name when I saw the thread title (I had to look it up). But, a lasting memory of their music that sticks is when a co-worker who loved them decided to control the jam box blasting their music at an office party. It was the lamest office party of all time. No one could hear or talk over it so all anyone could do was sit around listening, stare at each other, and stuff their faces with food looking bored out of their gore. I'll always appreciate them for creating that atmospheric moment in time. No doubt they were talented and had that unique sound. I'm glad they were inducted into the RRHOF in 2018 before he passed so he could reap those rewards for his efforts making the music. RIP.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Yep, Move Like This is a very good album.