1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

RIP Cory Monteith

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by giddyup, Jul 14, 2013.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/14/showbiz/glee-star-dead/index.html

(CNN) -- Cory Monteith, who played heart throb Finn Hudson in the Fox hit "Glee," was found dead in a Vancouver hotel room Saturday, police said. He was 31.

Vancouver police said the cause of death was not immediately apparent, but they ruled out foul play.

Medical examiners will conduct an autopsy Monday.

Monteith's body was discovered by staff members at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel after he missed his checkout time, acting Chief Constable Doug LePard told reporters.

He had checked into his room July 6.

The actor apparently had several people over to his room at one point Friday night, but LePard said Monteith was seen on hotel surveillance video returning to his room in the early morning hours by himself.

One of his castmates on "Glee," Mark Salling, tweeted a simple "no" after police held their news conference.

Dot-Marie Jones, who plays the football coach at the fictional William McKinley High tweeted: "I have no words! My heart is broken. Cory was not only a hell of a friend, he was one amazing man that I will hold close to my heart forever.

"I am blessed to have worked with him and love him so much! My heart is with his family and our whole Glee family! I love you all!"

On the show, Monteith played the dim quarterback of the football team at the Ohio high school who is forced to join the glee club. After graduation, he comes back to town and helps direct a musical at the school.

Share your memories of Monteith

Offscreen, he was dating co-star Lea Michele.

"We are in shock and mourning this tragic loss," his publicist, Melissa Kates, said in an e-mail.

Monteith spent time in rehab this year, checking into a drug addiction treatment facility in late March.

He had been frank about his struggles with substance abuse, telling Parade magazine in 2011 that he began using drugs at 13, and by 19 went into rehab after his mother and friends intervened.

Monteith had been on the musical comedy show since it began in 2009.

In 2011, he won a Teen Choice Award for top actor in a comedy. The show's cast won a Screen Actors Guild Award for an ensemble in a comedy the previous year.

He was in three projects that are in post-production, according to the Internet Movie Database.

One of them was a movie entitled "All The Wrong Reasons," also starring Kevin Zegers. He tweeted that his heart was broken.

"I've never lost a friend this close. This feels like a mistake," he wrote.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Didn't know dude was 31. I admit I enjoyed Glee when it first came out.

Rip.

3. SK34

SK34 Member

Who?...

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Try reading. It works!

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't do drugs, hmmkay?

6. 713

713 Member

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Loved the first season of glee but have grown to loath it, wife still likes it. Still, this is incredibly sad....

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I heard he was supposed to get married to that other girl from Glee in a couple of weeks. Sad.

9. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I nearly cried last night and I'm not a teenage girl. I hope we find out it was an accident and not suicide.

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Most likely something to do with drugs, as the article states he had a substance abuse problem. Seems like they never truly get away

11. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

When someone is found dead in a hotel room its almost a guarantee that the cause of death will be drug related.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I once met him at a Soundgarden concert. I knew he was an actor and my friend was even more clueless who he was so we just chatted it up for a few moments. he was really kind and humble and my friend even asked the guy what he did for a living, he was able to change the subject and move the focus from him to the concert...

I'm not a Glee fan but I know that entire community will miss the guy.

13. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

sad all of these senseless deaths are sad :-(
    ppl dont understand that substance abuse is a disease

14. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

some ppl cant just 'get better' :'(

15. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

OD?? Glee is so gay

16. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Glee started out great, haven't watched it since Season 1.

RIP.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Stop it man, this is an insult to people with an actual disease. Substance abuse is not a disease :rolleyes:

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Perhaps prior to starting to use drugs, it is not a disease, but once it is an addiction, it is a disease.

19. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

20. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I knew that he had been to rehab recently, but I had no idea that he had been abusing drugs for so long.

Side note: Count me as one that liked Glee in season 1 but quickly grew tired of it.