1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Reverse CRT: Florida Upstages Texas In History Class Teaching About Slavery

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Jul 21, 2023.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

The union said it is troubling that at the high school level, the standards conflate the 1920 Ocoee Massacre, when at least 30 African Americans were killed for attempting to vote, with “acts of violence perpetrated by African Americans.” And in middle school, the standards require students be taught slavery was beneficial to African Americans because it helped them develop skills, the union said.

these people can burn in hell

3. cdastros

cdastros Member

I hope Florida also teaches that Slave owners were pedophiles that repeatedly raped 14-year-old slave girls then would sell the baby's conceived from rape for profit. This created a financial incentive for slave owners to become pedophiles.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I'll never understand why racist whites would give a damn if we view slavery in terms like this. People who supported slavery thought blacks needed brutal treatment for our benefit.

VooDooPope and Kim like this.
  5. cdastros

cdastros Member

In Virginia Slavery was much more like indentured servitude during the early 1600s. Laws and judgments dehumanized African slaves that allowed chattel slavery to happen. Racisms wasn't a thing before the Atlantic Slave trade and it was initially created for financial gain for slave owners.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I learned in college that racism specifically dehumanizing Black's came from people wanting to justify slavery as it began to be questioned. The dehumanization was to justify the treatment

It started because of economic reasons as everything else in the world does since the beginning of time. I don't know about it ever being like indentured servitude as it's purpose was to work off debt. Africans weren't in debt, they came from Africa. How would they get in debt?

AleksandarN and Nook like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

The writers of the curriculum seem to have a good understanding of the history and the curriculum. Their statement seemed fair. I understand that the media and Kamala are upset so I will read more.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Doubtful.

The usual blame-the-media tactic to deflect.

TheFreak and Deckard like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because they resent being made to feel guilty about the past, so they truly believe slavery was a good thing. They see African Americans as savages - I know this because I hear them talk about blacks this way, and that they were civilized by white people. They believe black people are lazy and that's why they can only get low end jobs and you can't trust them.

This was the real objective all along. CRT was a red herring.

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How is learning a skill beneficial when you can never benefit from it? Do you have s good understanding of the term "benefit "?

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This whole thing is insanely disgusting and disappointing. My disillusionment over progress I thought we had already made …things I thought we had already gotten past…continues.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you agree then that slavery was beneficial to African Americans?

Nook likes this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Where did I say that? The curriculum doesn't say that either. It says that some learned trades which could be used for benefit. Do you hate the trades? Tradesmen get bad raps but they are very important to our country. Slavery was terrible.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the trades where a benefit then wouldn’t that make the institution they learned them under beneficial?

Also just to follow up on @pgabriel’s earlier post. How would the slaves benefit from learning a trade if they were continued to be held as slaves?

VooDooPope likes this.
  17. Major

Major Member

Can you give examples of these skills and how slaves benefited from them? Besides becoming more valuable slaves to their masters?

VooDooPope likes this.
  18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does DeSantis’s anti wokeism boil down to don’t you dare make me feel bad about anything my white ancestors did to non-whites and by the way slavery was not that bad for blacks and it was even good. They learned skills and became Christians.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Don’t forgot about the general hate and disgust of anyone that is non straight or does not feel like they are the gender they were born with. Any company company that acknowledges this or has too many other ethnicities included whatever they are doing too. White people persecuted.

One caveat is when black people financed by billionaires can make videos and media hating on black people (the ones that Tinman LOVES to post) that propaganda err I mean representation is OK. Poor Tinman is too dense to see that is just another boomer lemming lapping it up too.

Andre0087 and Ubiquitin like this.
  20. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

“Pure evil…”

VooDooPope likes this.