1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report:Investigator Says Evidence Showing Deceased DNC Staffer Seth Rich Was Emailing With WikiLeaks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, May 15, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I'd say the equivalent left wing version of Breitbart is Daily Kos, no? I'd compare CNN and Washington Post to Fox News and New York Post. HuffPo maybe somewhere in between (perhaps comparable to New Republic)?

Perhaps it would be interesting while we are waiting for the next Trump controversy to discuss news sources on the political continuum?

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

And from that sad day forward he was known only as Trolodome.

Astrodome likes this.
  3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

CNN=FOX really? MSNBC maybe, but CNN?

4. NewRoxFan

You are more correct in your comparison. I guess I was suggesting that CNN and Fox News are intended to be primary news sources (though with different frames of reference) where the others on the list more focused on political commentary. Folks can argue the degree that CNN, Fox, and MSNBC allow their frame of reference to bleed through their reporting.

And with all continuums there is overlap and blurred lines...

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

CNN's really only comparison is CNN when guys like Jeffrey Lord & co. are on it. CNN is pretty damn good when its not opinion panel time. Like last night they were so precise when breaking the story. Their actual journalists do a great job on reporting the facts. Its only when the "expert panels" come on later in the night that CNN gets its poor reputation from which has nonsense from both sides.

Fox really has to be viewed as nothing but Trump state TV given Rupert Murdoch's close relationship with Trump himself. People don't know this but the owner of FoxNews is so close to Trump that Ivanka was even a trustee to his estate. And their programing reflects this.

What will be interesting though is if Trumps support drops even further, does that have any impacts to FoxNews' viewership? I can't see the pro-Trump agenda really gaining more viewers as Trump loses support nationally (looks like a point a month), and on top of that loses a heavyweight like Bill.

6. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Hey my first DnD thread made 2 pages.
    Actually enjoyed the comments on that article. A good mix of each side debating and not one-sided like many outlets.

8. NewRoxFan

Perhaps this might explain why Fox News is headlining this story instead of the Russian story...

Deckard and JeffB like this.
  9. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Breitbart is the definition of bullshit.

DD

Deckard likes this.
  11. dobro1229

Just wow.

This is the definition of a manufactured story. This would be like CNN headlining a story about a CNN staffer who was hired by CNN to investigate CNN, and then CNN lied about it.

12. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Oh **** off. The entire Russian bullshit is a manufacturing story. All these Trump hit piece is manufacturing story. ****ing hypocrite

13. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

No, this is a manufacturing story:

[​IMG]

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This will surely be the end of Hillary....

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You thought it was some crazy conspiracy nonsense and yet you posted a thread about it.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...-have-leaked-the-emails.276852/#post-10653164

Strangely enough, in that same thread you posted this from WikiLeaks.

And now this Fox News investigator says this guy was emailing WikiLeaks. Why doesn't WikiLeaks provide those emails? Derp.

Not to mention, a GOP lobbyist offered $100k for information because he believes the Russians had him killed.

Republican lobbyist says murder of DNC staffer Seth Rich linked to Russian operatives

WASHINGTON - A Republican lobbyist says he has new evidence that links the murder of a Democratic National Committee staffer to Russian operatives.

Jack Burkman, who has put up reward money in the case of murdered DNC staffer Seth Rich, says a former U.S. intelligence officer came to him with the new lead.

"I was approached by a guy who styles himself as a former U.S. intel officer," Burkman said. "I quizzed him. I think he's credible - you never know the motive of people. But what he said is basically this - that Seth discovered that the Russians had been hacking and therefore the Russian government did away with Seth."

$150,000 is being offered as a reward in the Rich murder case with $105,000 being contributed by Burkman. "If somebody comes forth they'll have to probably get out of town," he said. "I don't know much about the business of 'murder incorporated,' but if 'A' reports on 'B' - somebody is going to want to do something to 'A'. 'A' may have to go live in Seattle, Washington or something like that - or God knows where, China. So 'A' is going to need some money. So that’s why I did it."

You guys are completely ridiculous. You deal in half-truths and nonsense as news. You're the true fake news architects of our time.

16. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

The Seth Rich/Wikileaks story yesterday came out prior to the fake WAPO/Buzzfeed "Trump divulging intelligence gathering sources to Russia" nonsense. Of course it was inaccurate but who cares? It served its purpose of distracting from the Seth Rich murder motive for the length of a news cycle.

The left has been strategically timing fake stories like this since during the campaign. If there was a news release that was detrimental to Hillary, they would coordinate an MSM blast of a Trump hit piece as a distraction which would later be disproved.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The left has not had a single fake story, just a bunch of people burying their heads in the sand.

DD

18. dobro1229

Haha. Do Trump nuts not follow Trump on Twitter or something. Apparently the WAPO story is still fake news to them even after Trump himself admitted it happened. The NSA today came out and basically said "yes he shared classified info to Russia". Israel confirmed it was their intel. I mean seriously...

I really hope that these guys are really Russian bots because if our country really is this stupid than we are all F-ed.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

FYI Bitdefender has a sale for their Total Security package right now. 5 devices for a year for $50.

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Left: Trump supports are gullible for falling for an unsubstantiated story about Seth Rich Wiki/murder story.

Right: Anti-Trump supporters are gullible for falling for an unsubstantiated story about a Trump impeachment.

cml750 likes this.