1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Chris Paul, James Harden argued about Rockets’ offensive style

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IA Rocket, May 23, 2019.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

And yet, this makes us one of the historically great offenses who continues to provide way more competition to the Warriors than any other team has in the last few years. What is BS is you trying to pass off your opinionated dislike for his game as a factual reality.

harold bingo and Mr. Space City like this.
  2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

There are a lot of inaccuracies in this post.

I will leave you with a few facts to consider.

The Rockets as a TEAM only ran isolation plays on about 20% of their possessions.

Only 7 players in the NBA had the ball in their hands more than Chris Paul on a per game basis.

Hardens average time of possession on each time he touched the ball was a little over 6 seconds.

Eric Gordon absolutely thrived in this offense after the first month. Shooting around 40% from 3 on nearly 10 attempts a game.

Our offense finished 0.1 points behind GS per 100 possessions.

3. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

Alright, forget about the shooting.

The fact is, CP3 can't create much offense in the playoffs when Harden is off the floor. I already gave you the stats, in this year's playoffs, our offensive rating when Harden is off court and Paul is on court is only 90, which is 14 points per 100 possessions worse than the worst offensive team(New York Knicks) in the regular season, 19 points per 100 possessions worse than our offensive rating when Harden is on court and Paul is off court. If CP3 is really as good at creating when Harden is not playing as you claim, why does he lead us to such a atrocious offensive rating against a much more inferior group of players when Harden doesn't play?

I really hope you are right, that CP3 still can do something at an elite level. Sadly, given his performance in the playoffs, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Hmc415, Corrosion, HP3 and 2 others like this.
  4. dmoneybangbang

I don't know the answer but it isn't "your turn, my turn".

harold bingo likes this.
  5. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

The Rockets haven't really had personnel capable of an offense with more movement. Nobody on these teams you can even trust to make a simple pass besides Cp3 and Harden. Morey assembled a team of guys who specialize in a certain aspect of the game and trusted Harden and Cp3 to put it together. This year was Harden working with a roster made of swiss cheese. Pay the tax and get some guys on the wing with length that can defend and shoot or get rolled again in the playoffs.

harold bingo and daywalker02 like this.
  6. Asian Sensation

Not saying I don’t believe you but I’m curious where you got those stats from?

7. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

nba.com/stats

It can take a little bit to go through and see all that they offer and the best ways to search for things, but once you figure it out it’s easy.

The player tracking tab has a lot of the good stuff.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

If Harden takes offense of this, I don't know what else he can do to improve. This is so obvious. Probably only CP can point this out to Harden. This really should be Pringle's job.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Paul is the greatest player ever against Quinn cook. For 5 minutes in game 6, mda took out Paul.

#69 BigBum, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
  10. Caprah

Caprah Member

This needs to be quoted regularly

11. Caprah

Caprah Member

Lol paul and harden are like brothers who argue. Haven’t you ever argued with a loved one? It’s healthy actually

12. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Jalen, obviously making sh*t up:

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sadly.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Rich Jefferson never seems to age.

16. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

I said Rockets needed more ballmovement in a post i made ,"how to beat the warriors ,give me my credit guys

Alkaholic likes this.
  17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Guys become good at making certain passes with repetition. Good or bad passers. You see it on the Warriors with Looney.

The Rockets were definitely smart and skilled enough to play with movement.

Nene was quietly the third best passer on the team and most here will never get to know how true that is.

18. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Yeah it seems like he’s making things up but some of the things he said needs to be scrutinised. Even I noticed Harden walked down the court while CP3 was running the offence. Maybe this was drawn up play (iso ball). Why cant Harden be spot up shooter at times and position himself for open 3’s? Something like Klay does. If D’Antoni’s strategy is to outscore their opponent only then offence should come from wherever possible.

19. rockets13champs

Man I’m scared of what’s gonna happen to us.

1. Morey getting rid of all defensive coaches

2. Cp3/harden beef

3. Tillman being cheap

We better get Jimmy Butler.