1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Chris Paul, James Harden argued about Rockets’ offensive style

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IA Rocket, May 23, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Chris: "I hate this ISO **** we're running. It's messing with the flow of our game"
    James: "**** don't blame me I just run what's been working?"
    Chris: "Has it been working? We were doing fine moving the ball around and then when we went back to ISO ball everyone's rhythm went to ****"
    James: "Oh so you're putting this on me now?"
    Chris: "No I'm not putting this on you! I just don't think we can run the same **** over and over again"
    James: "Look, I don't like it either but what are we going to do? You, me and Eric are the only ones that can create and get our own shots. Clint's almost unplayable right now and we don't even go deep enough to our bench to find fresh legs."
    Chris: "But you're our alpha! If you don't like it then change it up out there. You don't have to ISO ISO ISO every time we get down there"

Is how I imagined this "issue" played out.

RyanB likes this.
  2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If he's not going to move for one of the greatest PGs in history why would he for Draymond?

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Do you think CP is Talking about harden specifically when he talks about more ball movement, how do you know that? Do you think Chris just asks and harden just refuses to move, no I don’t believe it.

We have hardly even on record saying he wants more ball movement(Though I don’t really have a problem with our offense but some changes are needed though).

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I don't really know what cp3 said. We can only speculate unless @cyberx can somehow get some info

HP3 likes this.
  5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

What do they all have... A ring...

T_Man

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yup. Thank god Harden's not a whiny little b**** and would rather win it for the Rockets than win it any other way.

7. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Right now Harden loves the individual spot light and as the individual glory... will never win a ring that way..

T_Man

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Just like Jordan, Kobe, and Lebron whose all about themselves first and foremost... wait a minute...

You know what those players DID have though?
    • Jordan: Pippen (HOF SF and defensive savant in his prime), Kerr (most accurate shooter in the history of the NBA), Phil Jackson (one of the best coaches in NBA history), and Rodman (defensive and rebounding savant)
    • Kobe: Shaq (top 3 center in NBA history in his prime) and later Gasol (top 5 center of the league in his prime at the time), and Phil Jackson (still one of the best coaches in NBA history)
    • Lebron: Wade (arguably top 5 SG in NBA history in the tail end of his prime), Bosh (top 3 PF of the league in his prime), and later Irving + Love
    By all means though, keep piling crap on Harden like the stupid turd you are!

#228 chenjy9, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    snowconeman22, Zboy and Mathloom like this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Of course, because the difference between Harden and Lebron/Durant/Jordan/Kobe is that Harden loves the spotlight and glory and they don't.

Harden's flaw is the reason we haven't won a championship. There's no way he's the only reason we are the only team to challenge the Warriors. There's no way Kerr only starts his death line up against us. There's no way Popovic worries about guarding Harden.

None of that. Harden only cares about spotlight and glory, that's why the boy from Cali sticks with the Rockets when any of the LA or NY teams would throw unlimited cash at him and make him their king.

Of course that's what it is buddy. The gig where the owner jumps under the luxury tax while you're dragging an 11-14 team to another shot at the Warriors is to sweet too pass up. Why would he want to join the Warriors like Durant? Miami like Lebron? All that lifestyle and money and spotlight AND winning? Who would want that???

#229 Mathloom, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    Blurr#7 likes this.
  10. Zergling

Zergling Member

I'm curious how Harden and Paul feel about being stuck with Mike D'Antoni for perhaps the duration of their contracts.

snowconeman22 likes this.