1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Remove Gasoline Odor Out of the Car

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rubytuesday, Dec 15, 2005.

1. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Contributing Member

Does anyone have suggestions on what product or what company can remove the gasoline smell from the interior of a car? My dad had some spill in his car and the fumes are just horrible. Airing it out is not fast enough. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Light a match - that works for the bathroom.

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

If you do not wish to have a car anymore...

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

what?! the smell of gasoline is awesome. i love breathing it in whenever i'm filling up. if they made air fresheners with a gasoline scent i'd be all over them. although i suppose after an extended period of time it could become a little overwhelming.

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Actually I've removed cigarette smoke by placing apple slices in the car. The apple slices took on the smell. After separate 2 applications (removing the old apples and replacing them) over 4 days, the smoke smell, which was bad, was gone and didn't come back. Will it work with gas? I don't know, but I still think the match thing is a good backup idea. Just be sure to take some before and after pics to post on the board - you'll be famous!

6. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Febreze

or

Oust

or

Baking Soda

That's what I'd try, but not in that order..

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i hear dog **** has an overpowering odor.