1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Relatives at family reunion fatally beat man after slaying

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dc sports, Sep 4, 2000.

1. dc sports

dc sports Member

Is this crazy or what? I hope no one here went to this family reuinion! And what did you do for labor day?
    http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/printstory.hts/metropolitan/656250

Sept. 4, 2000, 8:58PM
    Relatives at family reunion fatally beat man after slaying

LONGVIEW (AP) -- Investigators say a man shot and killed a family member and then was bludgeoned to death by other angry relatives at a weekend family reunion in rural Harrison County.

Sheriff's Lt. Clay Medrano said Bruce Dotie, 37, was shot as many as six times by Lorenzo Weisner, 39, after a shouting match and fistfight with other family members about a vehicle parked behind Dotie's car. Some of the family then turned on Weisner and bludgeoned him to death with fists, feet and bottles, Medrano said.

"Its not a typical case," Medrano told the Longview News Journal. "We're trying to piece it together, figure out exactly who did what." No arrests have been made in the incident Saturday near Karnack and the Louisiana state line.

The lieutenant said he does not know how many onlookers turned on Weisner, beating him and pummeling him with bottles. "There were quite a few people involved," he said. "I don't know how many or about how many."

------------------
    Stay Cool...

[This message has been edited by dc sports (edited September 04, 2000).]

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Mob rules.

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

3. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

or Mobs rule.

[​IMG]

------------------

4. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

It's stuff like this that makes me keep at least one state between me and many of my relatives. (Actually, the relatives that I think have the most potential for going on a multi-state killing spree live in the same city I do.)

------------------
    HoustonSportsBoard.com

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Heck, this story's even more hilarious than George Dubya calling the reporter an a-hole. [​IMG]

------------------
    Falk that Mo Fo!!!

6. dc sports

dc sports Member

Mr. Paige,

Fortunately, I don't have any relatives (I think!) that would beat people to death with beer bottles.

They'd be much more subtle -- like poisioning.

------------------
    Stay Cool...