1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Recommendations for long term stay in West Hollywood area

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dobro1229, Jan 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I just found out yesterday I have to stay about two weeks in early March for a client implementation in LA. I need to book a hotel somewhere and looking for some recommendations.

My customers office is close to the La Brea tar pits to give you and idea where I will be but I'd like to stay somewhere where I can get places easier than normal in LA based of my experience in LA (aka sitting in traffic most of the day).

Let me know if you guys have any recommendations. Also let me know your fav bars, restaurants, etc off the beaten path. Thanks.

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Andaz West Hollywood is nice, and you'll rack up some Hyatt points.

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I would stay near Westwood or Culver City. That would give you central access to any freeways if necessary , but you could access everything via local traffic if you had to. Would put you close enough to the west side to be able to explore and enjoy the city in your down time.

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can give you tons of restaurant recommendations, just let me know what you like.

For entertainment, check out UCB shows. They have a couple of theaters now, and plenty of great shows. Some with people you may have seen in commercials, or comedy specials, small roles in movies etc, some with people you will absolutely know from television and movies, and some that you have never heard of but are extremely talented and funny.

IO west also will have good shows along the same lines.

If you miss Texas breakfast tacos and Migas, go to a place called Home State.

For something different in Mexican cuisine try Malo or Mas Malo. Order their soft tortilla chips. They seem like they'd be kind of gross, but are absolutely amazing. Their margaritas are really good too. Check out their tacos. They are really good.

Best burger you'll get will be at Father's Office. There are a couple locations. You just have to take the burger the way they serve it, and there will be no ketchup in the restaurant. But it is amazing burgers.

By far the best pizza you'll eat, and even rivals any pizza you'll find in New York will be at DeSano pizzeria. Definitely get the pizza but also try the meatballs and the sauce they come in with Focaccia bread.

One of the greatest most under rated restaurants that's high end but a good value for the high end type restaurants is called Bashan. It's casual fine dining. Anything you order will be excellent. Don't leave without trying the pork belly.

There's another great place with excellent traditional Italian food called Angelini Osteria. Their pork shoulder is the best I've ever had anywhere. They carve it at your table side, and it's delicious. The place is in Beverly Hills and really small so make a reservation.

There are great restaurants by big name celebrity status chefs that great but not so off the beaten path type places.

Try Red O, Buchon, Trois Mec, Maude, Pizzeria Mozza, and some others that I'll probably think of later.

The best Sushi place is in Encino. The chef is hard core from Japan, and you need to sit at the bar to watch him do his magic. There are other guys working there, but he is the only one that ever touches the fish for Sushi. The rolls are good there too, but don't order it. You want to sample the fresh sushi, and all the different and amazing flavors. The Blue Fin Toro is like butter. It's really amazing. Sample a couple of the other sushi options first, tell the chef what you like, and ask him for recommendations. He won't steer you wrong. Finish with the Blue Fin Toro, because after you taste it, you'll never want to order anything else. It's called Okumura.

If you have a particular kind of food you'd like, ask and I might have some other recommendations I can help you with.

Enjoy your stay.

#6 FranchiseBlade, Jan 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thanks Franchise!

8. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another vote for Andaz Sunset Strip aka Riot Hyatt. They take good care of you. Everything is close.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

inexpensive & a great location.