1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Really.... Scola's Knee Update - (Dr. Kenneth First Podcast)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dobro1229, Apr 25, 2011.

Tags:
  1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

(Lock if posted)

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2011/04/21/one-more-thing-to-worry-about-scolas-knee/

-Sports doctor Kenneth First very informative podcast on a few current sports injuries.

Explains that Scola's knee issues will most likely will lead to MICROFRACTURE surgery here pretty soon, and definitely will affect his trade value if other teams pay attention to knee issues as a red flag.

-I will not object to cursing in this particular thread if you feel the need to let one out.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This franchise is ****ing cursed. I give up.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

How the heck did Scola injure his knee? He never jumps.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

So much for getting anything for Luis.

6. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

You see this is why you never make noise about who could be moved before the fact. Every player is doing something like this towards the Rockets because Morey talks too much and too much speculation. Players are not robots and they will think on their own to protect their own agendas. Now Morey has waited too long on his 5th player. Morey is on the clock now too. There are far too many people saying things about him to ignore this trend.

7. Mr. Clutch

Players always will think on their own and protect their own agendas. Signing them to bad contracts to make them feel like people instead of assets doesn't help.

8. worzel gummidge

A player fell into his leg.

I don't remember if that player fell because of Hayes. Anyone have video the incident? That would be some record/curse. Shaq, Yao, and another guy have suffered leg injuries either directly/indirectly because of Chuck falling onto them or causing another player to fall onto them.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I want to win now. :( Damn you Morey.

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Good news guys: time for Patrick Patterson to shine.:cool:

11. worzel gummidge

OK, I'm not too sure. Did this guy examine Luis's knee. Does he even have any connections with the Rockets?

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

I agree. He should have treated Scola like an asset and moved him when he had the chance and Scola had a career year like Brooks had. He should have moved them both and Battier for the player or players Houston Rockets fans really would be better off seeing in the future.

13. conquistador#11

Oh no, he might lose his vertical leap!
    As long as he has the hair, his health will be ok. (insert the scola O.K pic here)

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How could it be good news to have a $10m/year contract for 4 more years for a player who possibly can't play? Even if Patterson is the reincarnation of Hakeem Olajuwon, that'll hurt.

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

:( he's my favorite player but at his age and his contract i've been saying we need to trade him before he starts to decline and become "overpaid."

at this point i'm willing to jump ship this summer if they can get a good deal. holding on too long means selling low like with tmac. should've traded him 2 years before they did.

16. Mr. Clutch

I think he tried. He may have been involved in the Deron Williams trade.

And at the same time, Scola is a good player. You can't trade him just for the sake of trading him.

17. Raven

Raven Member

And this is why Morey shouldn't be criticized for being a tough negotiator.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Well it wont be without consequences if Morey keeps f**ing up his timing with his players he likes to think of "assets" that he does not maximize.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If I remember correctly, they do microfracture on guys typically when the cartilage on their knee bones are worn away through use over the years. Scola missed games due to his knee colliding with another player during a game. Not sure this kind of stuff results in the need for microfracture...

20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

If he does need the surgery, isn't now the best time?