1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Ohio congressman Tim Ryan drops out of 2020 presidential race

Rep. Tim Ryan of Ohio has ended his bid for the Democratic presidential nomination, he announced Thursday in a video.

"I'm announcing today I'm withdrawing from the presidential campaign. I'll be returning home to my family and friends and community in Ohio," Ryan said, adding that he would seek reelection for his House seat in the state's 13th District.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who?

TheresTheDagger and MojoMan like this.
  4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

One of the two marginal "Moderate" candidates. That leaves Governor Bullock. To be fair, Biden is just a weather vane, much like Hillary was. So anyone who ascribes any particular principles to him is missing the boat.

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

reaaly makes u think huh

6. Nook

Nook Member

There are leaks in the media....... I'm sure Bloomberg is positioning himself to get back in, he even has Judy Judy suddenly endorsing him.

MojoMan likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

How many of them vote in Ohio, Florida, Wisconsin or Michigan?

Rashmon and baller4life315 like this.
  8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Probably not very many. But is was a very nice crowd that day in New York for Bernie. You have to at least admit that much.

snowconeman22 and Nook like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

He certainly has support and very enthusiastic supporters. I don't have anything personally against Sanders other than I do not think that he would win the general election.

snowconeman22 and MojoMan like this.
  10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Tulsi Gabbard has announced that she will not be seeking re-election to Congress. Clearly she has been treated very badly by the Democrats, especially by the establishment Democrat left, for failing to tow the "Politically correct" party line, especially on foreign policy issues.

Could it be that she is preparing to make a third party run for president this year? That lane is open and she is unique enough to be able to pursue that course with some level of legitimacy.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

In terms of authenticity,

[​IMG]

But both of them are still more authentic than Hillary Clinton.

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Joe Biden has reversed his position with regards to accepting super-pac funding, as his fundraising as of late has been very weak. But his hope is that the big money establishment donations will be enough to power him over the finish line to the nomination.

Super PAC Funding Could Pay Big Dividends for Biden Campaign

By reversing course and dropping his opposition to super PACs, Joe Biden has all but admitted he’s getting swamped in fundraising. But it was a strategic retreat that could end up paying big dividends for his cash-starved campaign. Calls to a half-dozen maxed-out Biden donors Friday revealed that they would gladly dig deeper for the former vice president and contribute to a super PAC that enables them — and corporations — to give and spend unlimited amounts of money.

“Joe Biden has not raised as much money as the others through his own campaign efforts. But you have to understand, that’s basically how it works. Bernie Sanders had, what, 20,000 people at an event in New York? Suppose each one of those people gave $100,” said Joe Cotchett, a major Bay Area bundler for Biden. “Does Joe have the ability to have 20,000 people at a rally right now? The answer is no. But hopefully for Joe, it will come.”​

13. TheresTheDagger

14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

MojoMan likes this.
  16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

She is apparently keeping the door open....

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

even if she closes the door she has my write-in vote just as she will always have my heart

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's just those deep democratic roots right?

Rashmon likes this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I voted for Hillary in the primaries in 2008.