1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Just so I can get this straight. Overplaying the identity card = simply quoting the POTUS's own statements directed so often against all sorts of people who happen to not be white men? So the only path is just to ignore a heaping helping of his own most ugly words, tweets, and actions? Interesting take. Should Dems just focus on the evidence that he may well be losing his mind? Or on his daily pile of lies? I'll give you this: there's lots to choose from!

Rashmon likes this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

TDS. Keep it up.

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

It'll play out in 2020 with Trump losing in historic fashion. Keep living in the past. You know as well as I do that Trump is done. In that little heart of yours that beats Trump you know he's done.

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

[​IMG]

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Sorry if it's been annoying you. If I end up just driving you into the arms of Donald Trump with all my card playing, oh well. Honestly, I don't want you to vote against Trump. I don't want to convince the white non-college demographic that is credited for delivering him his first victory either. I want to see the majority of the country simply overpower Trump's base in the election to repudiate Trumpism altogether. I'm hoping the economy holds on long enough to get Trump to election day because I don't want it to be said that we would have voted him in again if it wasn't for that dang depression on his watch. Maybe that's not the smart way to win, but like I said it isn't my department.

RayRay10, biff17 and B-Bob like this.
  6. London'sBurning

Like I said living in the past. You're still holding onto Clinton like she matters anymore. Your mental illness is showing.

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Curious, what did B-Bob write that was untrue?

Has trump tweeted and said things that are offensive? Especially directed to people of color? To women? And are you OK with that?
    Does trump lie, often? And are you OK with that?
    Has trump said, tweeted and done things that people should be concerned about his mental acuity and/or health? And are you OK with that?

Serious questions... as you seem comfortable commenting on all the other candidates.

8. London'sBurning

I strongly encourage Mojoman to talk to his Russian cohorts about coming up with Bernie and Yang anti-talking points as no one cares about Clinton anymore. It's not 2016 anymore. Time to flip that 6 into a 9 and get with the times. Your memes and talking points are as dusty as your Russian grandma's Babushka dolls.

9. biff17

biff17 Member

Really?

That's all you got?

10. B-Bob

? Telecom company? Not sure I get the reference.
    Anyway, if you want me to keep looking at objective facts put in front of all our faces, then yep, by all means, I'll "keep it up." Please desist from doing the opposite of that, which is pretending that millions of people who honor their God-given eyes, ears and brains are somehow the problem. LOL. Try Occam's Razor on for size!

Next.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Feel the Bern.

13. TheresTheDagger

B-Bob likes this.
  14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Kirsten Gillibrand drops out of presidential race

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) announced Wednesday she is dropping out of the presidential race after failing to qualify for the September primary debate.

"I know this isn't the result we wanted. We wanted to win this race," Gillibrand said in a video posted to Twitter. "But it's important to know when it's not your time, and to know how you can best serve your community and country. I believe I can best serve by helping to unite us to beat Donald Trump in 2020."

15. B-Bob

Yes! This is great news for everybody! Seriously, thanks for sharing.

16. Nook

Nook Member

That isn't bad for for someone 78 years old.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

For these candidates that have been in this thing since the beginning of the year, who have participated in two national debates and are still at <1%, it is time to get out. Meanwhile, there is probably still time for one or two more candidates to get in yet.

In fact, Gillibrand was never going to be a serious candidate, regardless of how many virtue signalling posers the Democrat left mass media put on to try to suggest otherwise. And we saw a good bit of that in the early part of this year. If anyone wonders why these mass media sources are not trusted, here is yet another illustration.

18. JuanValdez

To recap, mostly for myself.

In the next debate:
    1. Biden
    2. Booker
    3. Buttigieg
    4. Castro
    5. Harris
    6. Klobuchar
    7. O'Rourke
    8. Sanders
    9. Warren
    10. Yang
    Officially closed their campaign:
    1. Gillibrand
    2. Inslee
    3. Moulton
    4. Hickenlooper
    5. Swalwell
    Not in the debate, but not quitting:
    1. Gabbard
    2. Bullock
    3. Steyer
    4. Williamson
    5. Bennet
    6. Ryan
    7. de Blasio
    8. Delaney

MojoMan likes this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It would be interesting to see the remaining eight put together their own debate using a format that helps them promote their campaigns in a way that is beneficial to them. Among those eight, that could actually be an interesting discussion. I might even watch that one.

ryan_98 likes this.
  20. JuanValdez

The DNC would freak out to have their cannon fodder try to buck the system like that. So, I'm for it.

biff17, ryan_98 and MojoMan like this.