1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Read this if you're NOT hell bent on war

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DAROckets, Sep 13, 2001.

Tags:
  1. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

We need to hit these bastards NOW ! F00k compasion !

>bin ladens declaration of war<

quote:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    "We--with God's help--call on every Muslim who believes in God and wishes to be rewarded to comply with God's order to kill the Americans and plunder their money wherever and whenever they find it. We also call on Muslim ulema, leaders, youths, and soldiers to launch the raid on Satan's U.S. troops and the devil's supporters allying with them, and to displace those who are behind them so that they may learn a lesson."
    "The ruling to kill the Americans and their allies -- civilians and military -- is an individual duty for every Muslim who can do it in any country in which it is possible to do it, in order to liberate the al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy mosque [Mecca] from their grip, and in order for their armies to move out of all the lands of Islam, defeated and unable to threaten any Muslim."

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Those youths know that their rewards in fighting you, the USA, is
    double than their rewards in fighting some one else not from the people of the book. They have no intention except to enter paradise by killing you An infidel, and enemy of God like you, cannot be in the same hell with his righteous executioner.

2. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

It is dangerous to make blanket assumptions about a whole group of people based on the words of a fringe fanatic.

3. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

True, but anybody who states they are a terrorist should get the scccchhhhhhiiiiiiiickkkkkk. And I do mean the first class ticket to meet whatever God (or none at all) that they hold close to their hearts.

Bottom line: IF someone comes out or has come out and said 'I am for killing Americans whereever I find them,' then we should remove them from the face of the planet.

I'm not saying bomb your local mosque or torch civilian areas of Afghanistan, but any particular person who basically says "i am a terrorist" should be.....what's the phrase....PROSECUTED WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE.

4. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

But no one ever comes out and says, "I am a terrorist". They wrap their actions in a cloak of righteousness. "terrorist" is a label we give them to describe their actions - its accurate, IMO - but I've never heard someone call themselves a terrorist.

5. haven

haven Member

Why not go interview some militia members in Montana and ask them what they think of the federal government, or African-Americans, or those who don't share their views?

6. DAROckets

Where did I make a "blanket assumption" ? :rolleyes:

Who cares ...this isn't about them. :rolleyes:

7. haven

haven Member

I'm confused as to the purpose of this thread. If it was to argue that we should punish the terrorists. Well, nobody disagrees and other threads say the same thing. If so, you wasted our time.

If you meant the thread as a general condemnation of Palestinians, Moslems, etc... then you commited a generalization. The title of the thread certainly implies this, since most of us are arguing for compassion for civilians.

So, either way, this thread shouldn't have been started.

8. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Well, Bin Laden has. If you stand up and say "we should rise up and kill Americans/Germans/English/Saudis/Chinese" then that is what you are saying. Don't be so literal. They don't have to stand up and say the words "hey, I am a terrorist."

9. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

A terrorist is a general term. You don't have to say it, to be it. If a man goes out and murders 3 people in cold blood, but never calls himself a murderer, that doesn't mean he ISN'T a murderer. Osama bin Laden doesn't have to say he's a terrorist, he knows it, we know it.

10. DAROckets

What right do you have to say this thread shouldn't have been started ? I think it would be of interest to some to read the bin laden declaration,in the link I posted.

I have no idea how you got that ?

This was in response to the other thread that tries to paint the US as the one who is at fault.If you take the time to actually read the document you would learn that we are dealing with a madman,who would find reasons to hate no matter what US policy was/is.

11. haven

haven Member

Nobody ever claimed the US was at fault.

The argument was that the US committed actions to foster resentment. The reaction was not commensurate with the offense.

You need to make that subtle distinction before posting incendiary threads.

12. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Jesus, get a grip. I've read so much here in the last two days blaming US foreign policy and how we brought this on ourselves. The US has certainly not always been an angel throughout its history, but we are RIGHT to be angry, and we are RIGHT to retaliate. Terrorism of this magnitude calls for nothing less than war.

Haven, I am unsure of your particular stance, so I don't mean to single you out, but those who have blamed us and our foreign policy for this should be ashamed of themselves. Get some ******* patriotism.

This purpose of this thread is not to generalize Palestinians and Muslims or any other Arab. The purpose of this thread is to make people realize exactly what kind of a person and group we may be dealing with.

13. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

What some insane individual states trying to use religion to further his own cause, should not be taken as seriously.

I am muslim and never read anywhere in the Holy Book about getting rewards for killing anyone let alone Americans, because that would cause me to kill myself:rolleyes:

If a KKK guy said all whites should kill all blacks, does that mean everyone's actually going to do it.

I absolutely love how the media finds these nutcases sitting in caves that have never even been to America that probably learned english by watching Soap Operas.
    But when you want to talk like an idiot, Ted Koppell, Peter Jennings and CNN is all ready to make it seem like some nutball is the leader of a country!!

I'm Stating Now.......I was born in America....

"So I'm Saying All Americans!!! Lets get together and God says we should kill every Frenchie in this world!! God Told me Last Night!! Its our duty ! Kill Kill!! And I'll save you some blonde's in heaven"

This statement as ludicrous as it is, is as credilous as the one by the individual quoted above.....

14. haven

haven Member

Isn't it more shameful to be incapable of being truthful?

Metaphor: If a child steals a cd player because a parent brought them up poorly, and the clerk shoots the child and the parent, everyone is at fault.

The clerk, obviously, did the most evil action. But the child was wrong to steal and the parent was wrong to neglect his sense of ethics.

That's what I think the current situation is like. The US has supported Israel even when they were far worse to the Palestinians than the British ever were to us... they walked out on a conference on racism when the rest of the world (including our allies) were there, we've killed countless civilians in foreign wars. We did it for what we thought was right. We were wrong sometimes.

But what happened in NYC is worse. However, I'm not going to pretend it happened in a vacuum.

You say I need patriotism. I say you need a grasp of objectivity.

15. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

The US can never do any right with people who take this stance. If the US had supported Palestine all these years instead of Israel, and Israel was behind all of this, these same people would be condemning the US for not supporting Israel.

Certain nations are friendly to the US. These nations are our allies. We support our allies.

Just about every civilized nation in the world from NATO to Australia to Great Britain to Russia to freaking Communist China has pledged its support to the United States. Funny how Russia supports us, when we supported Afghanistan during its war with the Soviet Union.

I am shocked and ashamed of those who say we had this coming.

Just for the record, I don't think this thread is at all incendiary

16. haven

haven Member

Funny how nobody on this board has claimed this.

17. DAROckets

Whats ludicrous is your last post :rolleyes:

No one here is trying to blame all muslims,so quit defending them like we are.

You should go out and learn a little something about bin laden.He's hardly just some nutcase hold up in a cave.Don't try to dismiss him like he's the unibomber.

18. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I just spent quite a bit of time in Montana. I never did see one militia member, and I covered one heck of a lot of ground.

Nothing but really nice people.

Oh well, they must have been in camo.

19. DAROckets

FD Kahn,

I'm pretty sure bin laden has been to America.

20. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Lynus,

I completely agree with you that this gives us some insight into the nutcases that are doing this.
    Every view I have ever stated has been 100% Pro-America.
    Because I fault some of the US foreign Policy in the past does not mean I am being unpatriotic, its just that I my voice just like everyone here makes up our great nation. The beauty of our country is that if someone questioned the government in most of the Arab nations they would be hanging from a tree the next day.

Though many people don't agree with DaDakota's stance, I believe he feels that individuals of these countries pay the price for the actions of their government. I just want the people responsible to be eradicated with no compassion! Not innocent civilians in Iraq or any other place while Saddam is playing with his millions or Osama Bin Laden is swimming in money like Uncle Scrooge. Bet they haven't missed a meal in a while.

The percentage of muslims involved in something like this is next to nothing. Less than 5% of muslims are Arab and maybe a few hundred or a thousand people out of 1.7 BILLION should not adequately represent the whole.

I am muslim and an economist and I have actually read the religion which is more than i can say for most of these terrorists that are uneducated and believe statements like the one above. I believe the most Islamic country in the world is America because It allows people to all live with their own beliefs and choose their government. A tenet of islam is freedom of thought and elected government. Its Ironic how dictators can manipulate religion to fit their own personal wants and desires.