1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Ray Gun] Jail to use Heat-Beam Ray

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Garner, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Garner

Garner Member

Hooooly Crap.

LA authorities plan to use heat-beam ray in jail

For full article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_jail_ray_gun
    [​IMG]

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

Can you use rubber bullets for sniper rifles? Or is that the same as killing an inmate? I say use sniper rifles.. or whatever they use on Counter Strike.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

just give them candy

4. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Awesome!

5. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kkGHgsgc6es?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kkGHgsgc6es?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

pretty freaking awesome.

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Seems like a lot of wasted money. Texas prisons just have sleeping gas. One push of a button and everyone in a building is out.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

All the employees would need to be evacuated first before gassing a whole building. A Heat ray would be more targeted for localized problems.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Heat-Beam Ray, the recent GPS device on the car story. Both In California, not surprising.
    Texas and California have similar populations and demographics. Texas' cost per prisoner is HALF of California's. Because CA just can't help itself from a "different" idea like this.

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

:grin:

That's a good one.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This will probably dehumanize guards even further. There should be tape anytime it's used.

Not the perfect answer, but better than nothing.

12. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

We're so stuck with the archaic notion that the only tactic that works after punishment fails is more brutal punishment.

It doesn't work. If it did, we'd have a hell of a lot less crime. Just escalating the brutality and violence used in prison matters will only cause more problems.

13. Mae

Mae Member

Or since it's Texas, we could just put in toxic gas. Then with one push of a button, all the inmates are dead? :p

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

I do like the time-out system. Cept they should do it with no food.

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Let's cut out the middleman- put everybody in jail except our master overlords! Freedom for all!

16. dback816

dback816 Member

Maybe if we were all immortal, have our own private dimensions and can have whatever we want just by snapping our fingers......there'd be less crime.

But until then, punishment seems to be the only choice...

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

[rant] Getting a little way from the subject....There's people advocating the "Prison Without Walls" thing, full electronic surveillance for convicts instead of prison bars

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1969/12/prison-without-walls/8195/

There's just no easy way to deal with crime. Harsh jail conditions don't "correct" anything. It just leads to more tougher sentencing and more profiling of people, more suspicion and less trust. GPS surveillance just opens up worldwide Big Brother'ing that I certainly don't want. Most the alternatives are just as unpleasant as the current situation.

My opinion -- Year to year crime rates vary just a little, by a few percentage points. I think there are very few "crime waves" and spikes. And when it is, its usually brought on by drugs (feds not controlling the borders), by increased gang membership, brought on by certain MEASURABLE elements. The murder rate has been around the same for the last 100 years. Yet they keep trying to have tougher, more stressful measures.

I don't have any sympathy for child molesters and psycho murderers. Those people opt out of their liberties even if they're mentally unstable. There's nothing you'll do to repair Charles Manson, let him rot. Everyone else they can stand to treat more humanely. Actually some of these white collar liars and crooks in politics and business scamming people out of their livelihoods, they need to do rough time instead of a guy trying to relieve stress and relax with mar1juana. (No I don't smoke, just the perspective I have)

Its all just expansion of power and might, solutions looking for problems. Or making problems that we've always had and always will look like "epidemics".

We just have to stop looking at morality as a conservative issue. And stop selling our morals and liberties for the almighty dollar. Stop thinking every new idea is "advancement". Get back to teaching people right from wrong from young. Just flat out have more responsibility and accountability. Better parenting. So we don't have these power hungry institutions be our armed digital parents instead

[/rant]

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How long before it is used for 'Crowd Control' in riot situations?

Everything used in prisons or OVER THERE, I beleive, will eventually make it to the private sector.

Rocket River