1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. conquistador#11

Vaya con dios.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

watched Licorice Pizza recently and was really surprised by how much I liked it. 9/10 easily

3. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I watched Equalizer 3 on Labor Day and it was good, I was entertained. I'm an action movie fan, it did its job and was satisfying.

On a side note, Italy looks beautiful, I'm going to visit other parts of the world but I'll have to add it to my list of future travel plans.

Surfguy and ROCKSS like this.
  4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Strays

it was so so bad. Will Ferrell was not funny AT ALL. I don’t even know if he really made any jokes. There were a lot of penis and humping jokes. Homeward Bound is a better, more enjoyable watch even for adults.

GRENDEL likes this.
  5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Ferrell hasn't done anything really funny in quite some time, he seemed to slip when him and Mckay broke it off. His schtick in Barbie was not good, its time for him to do something to revive himself, kind of like what Sandler is doing

clos4life and Kevooooo like this.
  6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

No one will save you. 7/10. It's a good alien movie combination of Signs and a quiet place. These aliens don't play fair.

7. Buck Turgidson

These couple of scenes in Eastbound and Down killed me

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hustle 8/10 - Serious Adam Sandler was surprisingly good. A little predictable but very good. Loved all the NBA cameos. This is the movie The Blind Side should have been.

clos4life, ROCKSS and Buck Turgidson like this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

A million miles away 8/10. Good inspirational movie that felt a little bit long.

10. Buck Turgidson

I really enjoyed that movie and now that you mention it I think I'll watch it again sometime this week.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

Gran Turismo

I haven't cried this much during a movie, lol. When I walked into the theater to watch "Gran Turismo," I expected it to be all about fast cars and the video game, but it immediately delved into so much more. This film explores themes of intrinsic motivation, family dynamics, tragedy to triumph, and even sprinkles in a touch of romance.

I've been a Djimon Hounsou fan for a while, so I'm always eager to watch anything he's in, and once again, he delivers a powerful performance. Hounsou portrays the well-intentioned, overprotective father who has been hit hard by reality and keeps trying to ground his seemingly delusional son. When he finally has his emotionally charged scene, I found myself sobbing. His portrayal of a father's love and concern is incredibly moving.

In every role he takes on, David Harbour leaves a lasting impression, and "Gran Turismo" is a testament to his incredible talent. His ability to make a character his own while staying true to the essence of the story is a testament to his skill as an actor. Harbour's presence in the film elevates it to a whole new level, and his portrayal is a standout aspect of this exceptional movie.

Orlando Bloom's presence in the movie was a pleasant surprise, and his role was skillfully integrated into the story. Although I initially thought his peculiar expressions and moments of seeming lost were meant to convey a driver recovering from a crash, the film never explicitly mentions it. However, Bloom's performance doesn't come on too strong, and he has some standout moments that add depth to the narrative.

Archie Madekwe is a revelation in this film, showcasing a remarkable range of emotions throughout the two-hour-plus runtime. His performance is nothing short of outstanding, and he adds depth to the character dynamics.

Beyond the emotional aspects, "Gran Turismo" excels in its pacing and cinematography. Neill Blomkamp's direction and Jacques Jouffret's cinematography work in perfect harmony to deliver a film that not only engages on an emotional level but also visually dazzles. Blomkamp's pacing is impeccable, keeping the audience on the edge of their seats throughout the movie. Blomkamp's skillful storytelling and ability to draw out authentic performances from the cast elevate the narrative, creating a profound emotional impact. Jouffret's cinematography takes the audience into the heart of the action. The race scenes are a visual feast, characterized by their vibrant and pulse-pounding energy. Jouffret's keen eye for capturing the adrenaline-fueled world of motorsports adds depth and excitement to the film, making it an immersive experience.

The fact that the whole thing is a true story is ****ing insane! The realization that the events depicted in the film actually happened adds an extra layer of intensity and emotion to the viewing experience. The journey from tragedy to triumph becomes even more remarkable when you know it's based on real-life events.

TL;DR
    "Gran Turismo" is a must-watch. It's a heartfelt exploration of family, determination, and the human spirit, complemented by stellar performances from Djimon Hounsou, David Harbour, Orlando Bloom, and Archie Madekwe. The movie's excellent pacing, cinematography, and the fact that it's a ****ing true story about gamer turned race car driver Jann Mardenborough make it an unforgettable cinematic experience that will have you reaching for the tissues.
    8.7/10

#9971 Fantasma Negro, Oct 9, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
  12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

9/10.This docu was great. Shawn was one of my favorite wrestlers, can't believe the pain and problems he had. Did Vince not offer medical insurance for hurt wrestlers?

13. CrazyJoeDavola

Blackberry - 9/10

Very well done. Only negative was Jay Baruchel's performance.

ROCKSS likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

He was very much like the dork he was

15. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Late night with the devil was 10/10, horror done right

GRENDEL and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

Damsel (2024): B- Caves and a Dragon. Was fine for what it was.

Baby Driver (2017): A- I'm late to this but finally caught it on Netflix. Lot of music in this. But highlight is the heist, stylistic cinematography and good car stunt driving.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I watched "Night Swim" on Peacock. Something about a haunted swimming pool. Nothing groundbreaking and slow moving but kind of fun. I won't be swimming in my pool anytime soon...not because of the film but because my pool sucks. 6/10

18. JW86

JW86 Member

Anyone who has seen Civil War or Kung Fu Panda 4? Want to go to the movies, already saw Dune 2 and not interested in Ghost Busters, so these 2 are my only options.