1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hotel Artemis - 4/10. Jodie Foster really annoyed me in this movie along with every other actor. This was just plain dumb.

Jontro and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She annoys me in almost every movie and tends to over act. She was good in Bugsy Malone though.

B-Bob likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Posted this a couple of weeks ago, but Panic Room was very good.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is true, that I liked Panic room.

5. donkeypunch

Last knights- 6.8/10.

Clive Owens wielding a sword instead of a gun is weird, but this one was pretty entertaining.

6. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

Clive Owen kicked ass in King Arthur.

7. donkeypunch

Havent seen it, Ill have to check it out. Did see the new Guy Ritchie King Arthur with the son of anarchy guy and that was very entertaining. 7/10

8. Falcons Talon

6.5-10.
    Read the book way back in the 80's. Saw the first movie as well.

I watched it Saturday. I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I will not comment on much. It was well made, but It did seem to drag a little towards the middle.

9. Falcons Talon

I did. That was a fun movie to watch. The Clive Owen version of King Arthur is more from a historical standpoint, and although, most of the history is inaccurate, it was a very well made movie. I really enjoyed that one and would easily give it a 9.5 out of 10.

CometsWin likes this.
  10. Rockets007

Rockets007 Contributing Member

What subwoofer are you using?

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

beginning to middle did drag but it did pick up afterwards. It was just a refreshing storyline for a typical scary movie

12. Buck Turgidson

Clive Owen is the Inside Man

13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Birdbox 7/10

14. likestohypeguy

Don't want to take the movie thread off topic, shouldn't even have mentioned it here, just excited about rewatching movies for bass. It's a DIY subwoofer, an Ultimax UM18-22, an 18" driver in a 4' x 2' x 2' box. Don't have a proper amp yet, but with only giving it less than 1/4 of its power handling ability, its performance is already pretty crazy.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

7/10.The silence. A walmart version of birdbox but still entertaining for the fam. I just couldnt get over those silly looking reptilian bats

16. likestohypeguy

Same I enjoyed it overall, but those bats were the worst. Right from the trailer I was thinking it looked like a Lifetime Movies version of Birdbox, like their "Night of the Twister"

17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Just saw it as well. Enjoyed it but wondered
    how many of the creatures could have been in that cave system to take over cities across the country so quickly/easily
    . Saw scenes that reminded me of The Happening, Birdbox,Alien, The Descent (great movie, btw), and even The Birds. And as always...
    the monsters weren't really the reptilian bats.

18. Nero

Nero Member

the new Hellboy.

Meh.

Uneven tone throughout, wants to be serious and then sometimes just downright goofy.

The original was MUCH better.

4/10

19. Buck Turgidson

Huh, I heard the opposite. Will watch on the tv.

The original is great and totally rewatchable.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Green Book - 6.5/10 With all the hype I'd heard about this movie I was a bit underwhelmed in the end. The only scene in the movie that I really found compelling was when the piano player steps out into the rain and talks about how he fits into the world as a gay black man who is a classical pianist. That scene was awesome. The rest of the movie was fine, just not as compelling as I'd hoped.

Creed II - 5/10 Damn, I really thought the blew it in this film. Number one, the music just wasn't right. Rocky music is classic and they went the rap route with a bunch of stuff that nobody will ever remember after the movie. The music has to be the classic Rocky music during the training and the fights particularly. Secondly, I really think this movie should have been called Drago. The son of Drago's character is much more interesting than how they handled Creed in this film. I think they should have focused more on Drago in this film and then gone Creed v Drago in the next film. A missed opportunity.

A Star is Born - 7/10 This was a really well written movie. My only critique is that it felt like some cathartic exercise for Lady Gaga's personal insecurities which was a distraction for me. A bit long too.

Vice - 8/10 An excellent film that exposes Dick Cheney in such a way that makes you just shake your head. Cheney is probably the most vile pre-Trump American politician that ever lived.

B-Bob likes this.