1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. RQM3830

RQM3830 Member

Pacific Rim Uprising: 6/10

It has it's moments, and the battles are very thrilling, but it suffers from some wooden dialoge and an excess of Charlie Day. I really wanted to like the plucky little girl character, she had the look, but her delivery left much to be desired.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

More like...
    [​IMG]

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

Pacific Rim Uprising: Either the best worst movie ever or worst best movie ever. Good action; ehhh plot at best.

7/10 would watch again, absolutely mesmerizing in IMAX.

GRENDEL, Jontro and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

I don't know if knowing the story/history going in is better or worse. To me, I think I caught some smaller stuff (handing flowers to the girl's parents) that I wouldn't have if I'd gone in cold. But I have no frame of reference.

5. Buck Turgidson

That movie looks weird and cool as ****, right up my alley, never would have heard of it if not for this thread. I've heard great things about "A Quiet Place" and "Unsane" as well. Lemme know what you think.

Shouldn't there be a sharknado somewhere in there?

6. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I, Tonya........at least 8 out of ten. Really enjoyed......great soundtrack from my era.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Caught up to that film:

Me before you

Was fun.

7.3/10

#7287 daywalker02, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I watched Wind River because of you guys. I'd give it an 8.5/10. Great performances from the cast. That movie makes me terrified of having a daughter.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Such a simple little movie in some ways and what a success. Tenson, great characters you can care about, real stakes, believable action, with one scene pushing the next, beautiful filming, a soundtrack that always fits and enhances the mood... Not one minute is the audience waiting to see how loud a knife can be buttering a rich person's toast. :D

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  10. marky :)

marky :) Member

Ready Player One
    7/10

I think I liked the nostalgia and "cameos" of pop culture icons more than the actual characters in the movie. Of course book > movie but what really bothered me was the main character's actor. He just has a really punchable face.

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Pacific Rim 2. 6/10. The cast was full of teenagers. My kids really enjoyed it I didn't. 60 percent of the movie was mumbo jumbo Disney talk that I fell asleep and woke up to the last 10 minutes of the movie. The way they killed the last monster was pathetic.

Jontro likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Daddy's home two - 7... solid "stupid" comedy movie.

Jumanji - 8, I thought it was going to be god awful when I saw the commericals but it was surprisingly good.

Coco - 10, awesome animated movie, all the emotions of death and family actually gave me one of those single tear down the face try to hide your girl from seeing it moments. Highly reccomend.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I watched Wind River after reading the positive reviews y'all posted - a simple story, but well done... 8.1/ 10.

#7293 KingCheetah, Mar 31, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Titan - 7/10, It's a Netflix original, SciFi movie and it had some potential but it went the sloppy route rather than progressing the original premise which I thought was really cool, sort of in the realm of the movie Species.

Mute - 6/10. Also a Netflix original, kind of a strange movie.

The Outsider - 5.5/10. Also a Netflix original, stars Jared Leto. Like The Tian it has some promise, this one is a Japanese gangster film but Jared Leto is just too effeminate to me to be taken seriously as a gangster. Looks too much like a female David Bowie.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watched I, Tonya last night. Mixed feelings about the film half way through, couldn't figure out why people were referring to it as a comedy with all the hitting, punching, and domestic violence. Then it hit its stride with the telling of "the incident," and then voilĂ , it was Goodfellas, both in style and structure. Found out afterward reading reviews, everyone makes that comparison, and it's easy to see why. So overall well worth watching, and probably bears re-watching. 8.5 out of 10

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Dat mother doe.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Phantom Thread 10/10
    Jumanji 6/10
    Annihilation 8/10
    Blade Runner 2049 9/10
    Darkest Hour 8/10
    Saragossa Manuscript 10/10
    I, Tonya 8/10
    Mother! 9/10

Have Buscemi's Stalin Picture on deck...

18. PhiSlammaJamma

Disaster Artist: 8.0/10

I liked the movie. Was interested to the end. Franco immersed himself and he disappeared into the character His brother was more himself in the movie until the second half where he started to shine a little more. But I don't know how I feel about the ending. Wanted more of a genius ending, yet the movie he made was a let down and didn't come off as genius as I wanted it to be. And I get that, but I needed more. I also left wanting to know more about this mysterious guy. So left wanting. But not in a good way. Do I think they captured exactly what happened. Yep. Is it a great story as told? Think it's interesting, but didn't change me or move me. The movie probably did exactly what it wanted to do to me, but it would have hit more home runs if it went with a Hollywood ending.

19. cebu

cebu Member

Paul, the Apostle. - 10/10. It's good to realize that we can pray anywhere without getting burned to death by the government.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Phantom Thread 8/10

Loved the semi chemistry, really dun want to be in this kinda relationship.