1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rare Mike Tyson Footage Training in 1987

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Keyser Soze, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I have Mike KOing Ali in their hypothetical first fight with Ali coming back to put a one-sided beating on Tyson in the rematch and the rubber match. Ali was a great tactician but even prime Foreman could not match the speed and explosive power Mike had. Ali would not know what hit him the first time he and Tyson clashed but after that it would be all about skill and planning winning out over violently firepower.

Prime Mike would murder Holyfield and Lewis. The Tyson that came out of prison was less than a shadow of Kid Dynamite.

2. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I'm a huge Tyson fan going back to the early 80s , watched and collected most or all of his fights. Tyson was a beast in his prime and he was tutored well by His mentor Cus and his trainers Teddy and Kevin. Cus designed a style to maximize Tyson's strengths & attributes and minimize his weaknesses & flaws. When Tyson was in his prime people said he was unbeatable but when you studied Tyson as much as I did you began to see a pattern and a blueprint to exploit his style. Buster Douglas and Holyfield showed you how to beat Tyson(I know his head was not right in Tokyo when he fought Douglas) by exploiting Tyson's style. These two use their excellent jabs a great deal amount of time, they manhandled Tyson, Holyfied understood this crucial strategy to a tee and that is why He hit the weights so hard during his training to bully Tyson and manhandle him. They both showed no fear against Tyson, a lot of earlier Tyson opponents were thoroughly intimidated by Tyson even before they stepped into the ring. The late Manny Steward reinforced the blueprint when his pupil Lewis destroyed Tyson, Lewis has perhaps the best jab during his reign. Our current undisputed champion Dr Steelhammer Wladimir Klitschko, another Steward disciple would destroy Iron Mike even if Tyson were in his prime.