1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rapper South Park Mexican found GUILTY!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr_oily, May 18, 2002.

1. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

May he enjoy being someones South Park B!tch!
    What a sleaze!:mad:

Rapper Coy convicted in sexual assault of girl, 9
    By CAROL CHRISTIAN
    Copyright 2002 Houston Chronicle
    Houston rap musician Carlos Coy, known professionally as South Park Mexican, was found guilty today of aggravated sexual assault of a child.

In an unusual weekend court session, jurors decided the 31-year-old Coy inappropriately touched a 9-year-old girl while she was staying overnight at his southeast Houston home during the Labor Day weekend.

Jurors will now decide Coy's punishment for the first-degree felony, which ranges from five years probation to 99 years or life in prison and up to a $10,000 fine. Punishment phase starts at 9:30 a.m. Monday at the Harris County Criminal Justice Center, 1201 Franklin.

Jurors, who were sequestered Friday night in a hotel, deliberated about seven hours over two days.

Prosecutor Denise Oncken said the girl's testimony swayed the jury.

"It's not easy for a child to testify in these kinds of cases and that was the important factor here," Oncken said.

The defense had maintained the girl was not sure what happened and could have been dreaming. Oncken said the jury disagreed.

"They had some testimony read back and it was clear to them that this child was not dreaming at the time she was sexually assaulted," Oncken said.

Sylvia Coy, general manager of Dope House Records and the defendant's older sister, said her brother turned and looked at her when the verdict was read.

"We just knew we needed to stay strong," she said.

Family members of the girl, now 10, were not available for comment after the verdict was read.

Defense lawyer Chip Lewis said he was curious about how the jury reached a verdict 20 minutes after returning from lunch, after having spent hours in deliberation over two days.

The alternate juror told him the jury had been leaning toward acquittal, Lewis said.

"It certainly makes you raise your eyebrow and wonder what the quick change was," he said. "But we've got to take the jury's verdict in stride and do the work we have ahead of us."

During the punishment phase, Coy and members of his family will testify, Lewis said outside the courtroom. Coy has not testified since the trial started May 6.

Prosecutors Oncken and Lisa Andrews said they will bring up other pending cases against Coy during the punishment phase.

Those cases involve four other charges of aggravated sexual assault of a child, with the term "aggravated" meaning the alleged victim was under 14 at the time, and three charges of sexual assault of a child between ages 14 and 17.

:mad:

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

guy had a kid with a Girl that was like 13 i think. [he was 22 at the time]

Is he like the others.. . does he need 'help' more than prison?

Rocket River

3. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

help? how about help being castrated?

#3 rockHEAD, May 18, 2002
    Last edited: May 18, 2002
  4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

GOOD.
    GOOOOOOOD.

I hate SPM's work. He sucks. Platinum Records? What records.

(uh, that's my Mora playoff!?! thing.)

Infact, I HATE Houston Rap so damn much. I hate that slow chopped up horse manure crap. It's like some mental challenged kid spinning a record. Is it suppose to sound intimiating? It sucks.

Sloooowdooown chopped up musiiic makes me souuuuuund like the booooooooogie monster. Ohhhweeee. No skills, sa sa sa slow it down Houston style makes it coooooooo.

Sure buddy. I just laugh at the idiot in a car usually.

And if you like this kind of music, I apologize......

for you liking this crap.
    :D

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I don't really listen to rap anymore, but you sure are off base.

Not everyone raps like that down here. There have been some bad ass rappers here in the past. Street Military, Fakkulty, anyone with Suave House, Lil Keke, etc. Also did you mean to say intimidating? Because if you did you don't understand the music. It's not about intimidating people, it's just that a lot of people listen to the screwed sound when they're high. A dummb reason as well, but I had to help you understand the reason that stuff's popular.

What are the options? Some stale west coast style or some east coast rap that usually doesn't worry about ryhming or staying on beat. The only good rap I hear right now comes from Atlanta and some of the local stuff. Even South Park Mexican had some good albums when he first came out.

Anyway back to the subject. That's pretty messed up that the prick preyed on kids. I hope he gets some serious help.

6. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

I couldn't had said it better myself.

If this guy doesn't get the max he'll be at it again. For guys like this they should consider giving them sex changes. Then Ill know my tax dollars are being used for a good cause. This is beyond filth.

7. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

ahh, my friend the rockHEAD always so subtle!:eek::D

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Go listen to some of Nas' and Eminem's latest stuff then get back to me about any of the local tunes actually being good. These clowns from the South are just putting out the same recycled garbage they've been producing for the past 6-7 years(SPM included in that pathetic group).

Anyway, I hope he gets a cell mate that hates his music and likes to have his salad tossed!

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

the Houston Rap scene is one of the best
    Just because you guys are jocking the flava of the month
    or some territory . . .well that's you suckiness

If you don't like Screw . . .well that is a preference
    an aquired taste. . . .

I hate eminem
    and Nas still trying to remake Illmatic . . . .

Scarface is one of the top 5 lyricist of all time
    get beyond ya bias

As for SPM . . . .I say he'll get about 5 yrs and maybe serve 2
    He has a few ened.s. . . if he was richer
    I'd bet on probation

Rocket River

10. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Does SPM shop at Abercrombie?

The latest product on the Abercrombie shelves is disgusting.

11. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

What about Geto Boys? Buschwick, Willie D and Scarface put Houston on the map. Don't forget the "Southside" by Lil Keke, and "Tops Drop" by the late Fat Pat. Oh, and who can forget Mista Madd, aka "Tha Madd Hatta" former 97.9 the box DJ.

12. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Rocketspimp- I'll agree that Eminem and Nas are good (although I think Nas is sounding a lot like 2 Pac at times,) but they are only a couple out of all the guys where they come from.

Some of the stuff down here is pretty nice as well.

Here are some of the local albums that could compete with a lot of cats that are given their props on a larger scale.

Street Miltary - Don't Give A Damn
    Fakkulty - Southern Hostility
    Lil Keke - Don't Mess With Texas
    Eightball & MJG - Coming Out Hard
    Eightball & MJG - On Top of the World
    South Park Mexican - Hustletown (I know what he did, but this was a good album)
    Geto Boys - Uncut Dope

I'll think of more later.

Hear some of those albums then come talk to me. ;)

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You support a pedophile?
    Wow

15. Xerobull

What would indicate that?

Do you think I support anything I post about?

16. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You posted his music

17. Xerobull

It’s an interest piece (not really his music). Guy is from Houston. If you search, there are several threads. This is a discussion forum.

Going forward, just so you know, I don’t support Hitler, pedophiles, serial killers, Trump, people who eat pineapple on pizza or any other horrible human beings I may comment on.

Sajan, boomboom, TMac'n and 8 others like this.
  18. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Jump to conclusions much?

there’s an interview out there with a former colleague of his that gives a fly on the walls opinion of the whole story.

I know firsthand he had a taste for younger women - but in the high teens range. Not 9.

he was convicted for impregnating a 13 yo. Unforgivable, right? I agree.

She was stripping on a pole at a strip club and it was a one night stand (purportedly). He also supported the child financially. The latter does not absolve him of the former. Nor does the fact she was a stripper.

But it is more complex than I initially realized.

Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  19. Roscoe Arbuckle

Awe. I remember hitting on Cindy Garza back at Taco Milagro.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm going to try pineapple on pizza someday. It doesn't sound as bad to me as it once did.

Jontro, sealclubber1016 and Xerobull like this.