1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rangers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We don't even have a hit. Oh brother. :(

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Exactly man! We are suckers for day games, especially on FOX. :mad:

No hitter through 4.... :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :(

3. Uprising

WHOOHOOOO!

The no hitter is dead in the 6th inning. Nice Biggio! ;)

4. Uprising

CHOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooCHOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo

Berkman HR!

6-2 Rangers.

5. Uprising

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHOOOO

CHOOOO CHOOOO

Back to Back Jacks!

ENSBERG!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This game is getting exciting now....and MMP is ROCKING. They finally have something to cheer.

6. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Finally a bit of offense going. We were looking like the last time we played against the rangers and faced Young....

7. Uprising

Franco is terrible.

Man....why did Garner bring him in and take out the other pitcher when he got the first out in 3 pitches?! :confused:

Bases Loaded now..Dang.

EDIT: Awesome, I so called that pitch for the Strike out by Franco. The pitch worked for strike #2, so go down and in again...and SWISH.

8. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Wow, someone get that ump some glasses...all over the place with those strike calls on Everett...

9. Uprising

well atleast the Stros made this one entertaining.

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, in that way he kind of reminds of Kirk Saarloos. When Kirk had good enough control of his stuff that he could keep his pitches low in the strike zone, he was an excellent pitcher. But his stuff just wasn't overpowering enough to let it get up, so he would frequently get hammered.

11. Uprising

After a great start and very shaky 2 innings, Backe was able to keep it under control and limit the damage of the Rangers. They scored the 6runs in 3 innings.

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Just like we mentioned that Roy works best with Ausmus, I think the same thing has to be said of Backe as well. His last two starts have been awful (both without Ausmus), and his start before that... while he didn't give up any runs... it was more smoke and mirrors because his stuff was all over the place.

So basically he has been severely off without Brad out there to guide him. I know we can't have Ausmus out there every single time... but I say just stick Chamo with only one pitcher (as he did last year), and that guy is Wandy.

Besides... at this point... I'd rather have Ausmus' bat in the lineup over Raul's (and I never thought I'd take Ausmus' bat over anybody).

13. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

As long as we take 2 out of 3 then everything is cool. This team is finally showing some heart because if this game would have been a month ago we would have lost 18- 2 or some crooked kind of score. Next week we need to handle up on the road @Denver and @ Cincy.

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

We should trade Backe while he still has value. I'd trade him + another player for Dunn. Make it work

15. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

Despite his recent struggles, Backe is still a damn fine pitcher. I'd trade Buchholz and some other prospects for Dunn instead.

16. Uprising

Anyone else having trouble with the Astros site using FireFox? It just started all of a sudden to me earlier this week.

[​IMG]

17. Uprising

LMAO.

Looks like this is going to be another DISGUSTING game by the Stros.

2 errors in the inning. Run scores. Great! Nice job guys.... :(

In ChanHo's last start, he didn't make it out of the inning. He gave up 10 hits and 8runs. Can we PLEASE get something going against him?!

#57 Uprising, Jun 26, 2005
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2005
  18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

This is a lineup I like a lot more than our typical one. Berkman in left, Lamb at first and Burke on the bench. (Or you could also put Lamb in left and Lance at first, doesn't matter to me) In the long run, we need a trade because Lamb is ideal off the bench. But there's no question that Lamb is a better stick than Burke right now and he's a lefty on top of that. It's time to get him in the lineup until we can find a team ready to deal.

btw, I know it's just the first inning, but those were two ugly at-bats to start off the game against one of the worst starters in baseball.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Astros make Chan Ho Park look like a Cy Young candidate every single time.

20. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I know why the hell do Astros always struggle versus Park when everybody else beats him down.