1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t think Phoenix want anything to do with the first trade but like the idea, and not that far fetched.
    The second trade is unrealistic. Most of the league can outbid us with that offer, Pelicans aren’t going to do us a favour. They get no young players in the trade. The #3 or #4 pick alone is worth more than the #6 and #12 of this year, and both those teams are interested in AD.

2. rockets13champs

Also you get Davis, but I still see it as a downgrade to our roster

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I actually proposed a deal with Miami last week ….

Riley …. You can have CPee3 but I want Dragic , Olynyk and Winslow.

baller4life315 and tc0330 like this.
  4. tc0330

tc0330 Member

i really want winslow and whiteside. homies are hungry. i bet they would absolutely kill it over here.

basketballholic likes this.
  5. mightybosstone

Rockets out: Clint Capela, Eric Gordon, future 1st round pick
    Rockets in: Jimmy Butler

Philly out: Jimmy Butler
    Philly in: Eric Gordon, Miles Plumlee, 2019 10th overall pick, Rockets' future first rounder

Atlanta out: Miles Plumlee, 10th overall pick
    Atlanta in: Clint Capela, Zhaire Smith (or some other throw-in player from Philly)

Houston could then use its taxpayer MLE on DeAndre Jordan or Dewayne Dedmon to replace Capela and end up with a starting five of:
    Chris Paul
    James Harden
    Jimmy Butler
    PJ Tucker
    DeAndre Jordan

mastan likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

7. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Nice, if we can win averaging 90 points a game, this will put us over the hump.

8. fattz

fattz Member

That Lakers trade would be surreal...

Capela
    For
    Ball, Kuzma and Hart

Gordon
    S&T
    WCS

Going Forward:
    Harden, Paul, Ball, Kuzma, WCS, Tucker, Hart, House, Hartenstein, Clark

I think this is a Championship winning dynasty with a new coach and set roles for all players.

9. ilias

ilias Member

Since we are just having fun, why not add a trade of Capela for a 3pt-shooting forward like Gallinari or a re-signed Barnes.

Gallo and a 1st for Capela and Nene

Starters: Paul, Holiday, PJ, Gallinari, AD
    Bench: Jackson, Rivers, G Green, House, J Green, Hart, Faried

10. rockets13champs

The more I think about it. Chris Paul for Derozan might not be a bad idea. Dantoni would allow for Derozan to shoot 3s again. And he could create and pass and play point again. He also has the athletic ability to create and get buckets in the paint. Spurs wouldn’t hesitate to take Chris Paul because he and popovich would coexist beautifully. Paul was also a huge Duncan fan growing up

11. rockets13champs

On top of that you do Chris Paul for Derozan. I think the play styles would benefit both parties

12. rockets13champs

Think about it.

Ball/Rivers
    Harden/Hart
    Derozan/Green/House?
    Kuzma/PJ Tucker
    WCS/Dedmon

Under Dantoni?? We don’t even have to make that Gordon for WCS move.keep Gordon
    Ball/Rivers
    harden/ Hart
    Derozan/Gordon
    Kuzma/Tucker
    DJ/Dedmon

That’s deeep

13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Derozan’s lack of 3 point shooting would give me pause. He has disappeared too many times in the postseason to be trusted imo.

D-rock likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

That’s as a number one. With a squad of Kuzma and Ball. He just has to be a play maker and spot up shooter. I don’t think he sucked at 3 point shooting on spurs he just wasn’t allowed to take it. His shot will improve in Houston

15. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Alright. Maybe. I still don’t think that’s better than our current line up. Paul and holiday isn’t a championship backcourt imo.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I've been doing some recon on Gallinari. Frankly, he's a better option than Love. The guy is 6'10 with a 7'1 wingspan. Attacks the basket and goes to the line relentlessly. Very good 3pt shooter. TREMENDOUS catch and shoot player. Hard nosed. He would be a real go-to option as a secondary scorer, better than Gordon imo.

He's a slightly above average passer. Average defender (though Clippers/Nuggets fans swear he's better than I think). Mediocre rebounder. Basically he's Kevin Love but a far lesser rebounder, much more efficient scorer and quicker on his feet.

At that size, I can easily see him giving us 15 minutes at the 5 and 15 minutes at the 4. He would drive opponent C's insane.

I wonder if the Clippers have him in their future plans or if they would be happy with an expiring and a late first rounder for him.

baller4life315 and Corrosion like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Love it!!

But would add 5th team and send Lonzo, VE and Kuzma plus Rockets 2022 FRP to Orlando for AG, Iwundu and Khem Birch.

NOP gets Hart and Clark instead of Lonzo (who does not want to be there because of Jrue) and Rockets sign WCS or Nerlens Noel to 1 year vet min instead of DJ (cant switch worth a damn).

Harden/Rivers
    Butler/Iwundu
    Kawhi/Shump
    AG/Tuck
    WCS/Khem/Hartenstein

Crazy dreamcasting but fun taking trades to extreme!

ApacheWarrior and DM'sVP like this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

Paul
    For
    Wiggins & Covington

T Pups
    Paul wakes a giant with commitment to Towns being the man with P&R, pace, and defense. He also adds the leadership needed because the other pieces are there already.

Rockets
    We fill our wings and hope Wiggins will bloom in a new environment. Covington is Covington is Covington and we break up Paul’s massive contract. The basement of this deal is solid but I think Wiggins could become a much better player playing next to Harden. The hype he came into the league with type player. OR NOT. Solid move either way.

This trade make moving Gordon much easier as we retool around Harden.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Not sure if posted.

20. basketballholic

Gag

A

Maggot

Must be a Spurs fan