1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rain] It’s bad

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Cohete Rojo, May 7, 2019.

1. Senator

Senator Member

How much does flood insurance cover in a coastal area? How is the community built to combat flooding during severe weather events? The lifestyle must be great but I wouldn't be able to purchase something right on the shore because of constant flood threats.

2. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, that sucks. You would expect something like that to happen with a TS or hurricane, but it makes it even worse when it's just a freakin' overnight rainstorm.

LonghornFan likes this.
  3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I didn't expect to wake up to 50 degree temps today, and it's still only 53 outside right now in the Austin area.

Crazy front for May. Sad to see all the rain and the Brazos river levels right now in our neck of the woods.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

After my post Wednesday a full on electric storm hit -- for about 10 minutes lightening was cracking every few seconds and it was really close. As soon as it flashed you would hear the loudest crack/boom -- it was pretty spooky. Power of course went out immediately for about an hour -- I haven't been in a torrent like that since Harvey.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sorry about the flooding though, fam.

LonghornFan likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think it depends on where you live. Just a couple of years ago, there were people in the Woodlands demanding the drainage be fixed with all the flooding going on. There were people in the MIssouri City area that were left pretty much untouched by flood waters during Harvey, but people all around them were wrecked by flooding.

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

That’s the homes nearest Spring Creek...which also happen to be some of the more wealthy areas (Carlton Woods, Grogan’s Point). So, they’re going to make more noise that’ll actually be heard...unlike the people of Timber Lakes/Timber Ridge who get flooded if someone washes their car.

There certainly are parts of the immediate area that flood...but primarily for a huge majority of The Woodlands, the drainage is excellent.

8. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Anyone ever have to get their roof replaced? Seems like we got hail damage and will end up getting it done. I'm in the spring Branch area if that matters.

Same question on the car. Anyone ever do the paintless dent repair? Top of my car got hit pretty hard.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My parents are in Spring Branch, recently redid the roof and got a hail damage estimate for a truck yesterday. If you need that roof company, did a good job & affordable - I can DM you.

10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Please send it through.

11. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

If anyone can recommend a good repair shop for dents, that would be much appreciated.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, sorry to hear that. I'm visiting my folks who are on the other side of 518 from you and no water built up here.

Well if I see you at Skippers tomorrow morning, the coffee is on me.

LonghornFan likes this.