1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rahman/Lewis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Caddman, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Caddman

Caddman Contributing Member

I don't normally listen to the Jim Rome show, but today he had Hasim Rahman and Lennox Lewis in studio and the interview was quite funny. Rahman called Lewis gay and "contender". Lennox responded by calling Rahman son and said he would bet him 1 million dollars for the upcoming fight. Rahman didn't accept. Anyway, it was all very funny and I might just have to order this fight. I look for Lewis to win handily though.

2. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

It was funny when Lennox called Rahman son, and Rahman said, "well he is an old man, so i respect him calling me that".:)

3. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Very funny interview, I really expected them to come to blows at some point!

4. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well, they nearly did. When I got home from work, I turned it on Sportscenter and the first thing that they showed was these 2 on the Up Close show with Gary Miller. Somehow, you just had this feeling that something was going to happen whether real or staged. Rahman said something to Lewis to the effect that his whining was gay and Lewis got upset. Then they got up in each other's faces and started pushing one another. They knocked over Miller's table and it probably took around 10 minutes to keep them separated from each other. Trey Wingo and Kenny Mayne were laughing about it the whole time. I smell a planned publicity stunt.

5. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I saw it too. Lewis said Rahman crossed the line in calling him gay. Rahman said taking it to court was gay. Lewis said I'm 100% a ladies man, and for Rahman to bring his sister so Lewis can show it. Rahman told Lewis not to talk about his family and they just verbally squabbed. The whole "what you gonna do about it routine." Then when in eachother's faces, Lewis slightly shoved Rahman then they wrestling style grabbed eachother and destroyed the set. That was cool. Can't wait to see the rematch, even the first one I didn't think was that entertaining.

6. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Personally, I hope Lennox pounds this pesky little punk into paste.

7. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

This "fight" seems to be Lewis' fault... What was funny was when Lewis said something about never calling out a fighter by getting personal ie. bringing up family...

Then, when the whole gay thing came up, Lewis immediately crossed that line by mentioning Rahman's sister...

Lewis is a punk...

8. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

If anyone watched the Jim Rome's TV show, The Last Word, Rahman and Lewis both tried to explain their actions. They were scheduled to appear together, but had to appear separately in 2 segments after what happened on Up Close. Well, both acted like babies with the "he said this, I said this" bs and the "he started it" crap. Sad to see 2 heavyweights act like 8 year olds on national television. Gary Miller's set was destroyed, pretty funny stuff. Whether the whole thing was staged or not, I am anxious to see who wins. All this hype, and the fight is more than 2 months away. Both fighters are very cocky, although Lewis is a lot more full of himself than Rahman is.

GO RAHMAN!! Keep the belts in the U.S.

9. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I guarantee you that the match gets postponed or cancelled due to "circumstances". Is Don King involved with the match? If so, this explains this "fight" that was staged, and there will be something fishy regarding the match.

10. Hydra

Hydra Member

GO RAHMAN, Lewis is the worst heavyweight champion since Buster Douglas. Why can't they just get rid of decisions. KO or nothing.

11. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Because boxing is an art, not a circus sideshow.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Would that be abstract, modern, etc???

13. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I dunno, Michael Moorer was pretty bad too..........

14. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Well heavyweights used to go a lot longer than 12 rounds, which i think is silly. The main reason you've got more decisions now is because you don't have guys going 15 or 20 rounds. I say let 'em fight!

And Buster wasn't that bad. He beat the unbeatable in the fight of his life, and for that deserves some respect. Of course he didn't hold the title long, but he's no paper tiger like Lennox Lewis. You couls take Buster from that night in Tokyo and he would beat Lennox 10 out of 10 times. Lennox is not a has been, he's a never was.