1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radio Shakeup - 790 chooses Josh Innes over Adam Clanton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Clutch, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I haven't listened to either station in the mornings since John and Lance got back together. I won't hold anything against Clanton for talking **** about Harden in 2016 that was the year of the Kardashian curse after all and most fans were pissed at the entire roster seeing how that season turned out. Clanton should know better than to get into pissing and moaning arguments on social media but he won't be the last media member to make that dumb mistake.

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Innes was terrible..His sidekick on the show was annoying as hell.... I only listen to In the Trenches when I'm out delivering packages then I turn to 650 AM

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Maybe they meant on AM?

4. Zergling

Zergling Member

Screw them both. At least Adam repped Houston and was willing to talk more Rockets than anyone else (most of the other 790 radio guys are football experts only), but Clanton was a MAGA clown and is really obnoxious on Twitter. He was a Clay Travis wannabe for sure.

Innes is a moron, pure and simple. I don't understand why the Rockets are okay with 790 employing him considering the crap he's spewed about them.

persian hoopa and cdrive like this.
  5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Say it ain't so...

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

But what does Jayson "Jon B" Braddock think about this?

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Why? Pallilo is on 94.1 and you can download his podcasts (which is what I do). He's better than anything 790 throws out there nowadays (though for some reason I did like Jayson Braddock, always loved the dorks that Matt Thomas and Ross were, and loved Sean Jones before he started being "I'm right even if I'm wrong" guy).

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Clanton got super weird when he became a hardcore MAGA Trumpalo and started liking InfoWars posts and Clay Davis crap like how LeBron faked the n-word being graffiti’d on his property. And he had this personal vendetta against Kaep and the notion that White Privelege is real.

He got weird and political, but it’s not why I unfollowed him.

I unfollowed him and every single other 790 twitter account when Innes was hired. It was my meager boycott. Adam and I were sideways on issues and we bouted a few times on Twitter, but he always was a true Rockets red bleeding dude, and that holds more weight to me than stupid political takes.

I don’t know the circumstances but if his firing is related to him going at Innes then I respect that. Hopefully the silver lining is he will make more and work less with his baby coming. That’s my hope.

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Good. Dude is disgusting.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  10. Progs

Progs Member

[​IMG]

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

http://sheltonmedia.blogspot.com/

Edit: Same as above.

PS: I agree with Innes. JJ Fatt was a horrible pick. I don;t like Innes but he was absolutely right about Clanton n that 8 minute diatribe. Dude had some serious issues

#72 FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 30, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Don’t know and don’t care about the back story. 790 has been trash for a while.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

That's too bad. I used to be a big fan of Adam Clanton years ago when he was on 610, when he had his solo morning show before John and Lance. Always got a kick out of his Rome impression.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That was pre divorce, pre testosterone injection, pre MAGA Adam.

I really enjoyed him then. Maybe this is a wake up call.

Nook and buffalobills!!! like this.
  16. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

I'll take listening to Charlie for 2 hours a day and then not listening to any other local radio the rest of the day ... can't believe Innes is still there

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I used to listen to 790 all day.

Then they cancelled matt and Adam in the morning. I got over it.

Then they started moving guys around and canceled matt Thomas and Ross at lunch and I was like wtf...

Then they fired pallilo and I’m like what’s wrong with these people.

Then they hired innes. Stopped listening as soon as he took over.

Every once and a while if I remember I will listen to parts of matt Thomas at lunch again. Other than that it’s sports podcast all day

Creepy Crawl and JamesC like this.
  18. NateNate

NateNate Member

The best thing about Clanton on the raido was that he is a diehard Rockets fan and he made sure to talk Rockets. I started following him on Twitter and immediately became disappointed. The back and forth with others didn't bother me and i liked him calling some media members out, but seeing some of the politcal tweets he favorited on my timeline had me looking at him differently. Generally I don’t care if Folks politics align with mine as I'm not that politcal anyways, but i just cant get with people who are die hard MAGA supporters. Him, Matt and Adam were my favorite from back in the day but sometimes people change. Oh and i’m no Josh fan.

DonKnock and Torn n Frayed like this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I learned a lot of Things in sports I honestly I didn't know, from Matt Jackson and Adam Wexler. Years ago When I listening to them after Rockets games, during Yao Ming years, late into the night. Callers always saying Yao should dunk the ball more, lol. Matt is a little wild, Adam calmly states his point. It was fun listening to them.

20. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Why does this matter?

Daddy Long Legs likes this.