1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Radio iPhone app

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Bids9, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Hi Guys,

Living in Australia and will be on the road during the draft and was wondering if any of you can reccomend a iphone app that will have radio coverage of the draft on thursday?

Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Cheers

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Tune in radio - 1560 the game in Houston
    I Heart radio - 790 in Houston
    Radio.com - 610 in Houston

Three apps and the three Houston sports radio stations they will pick up. They will be doing the draft Thursday night.

3. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Cheers mate. I already have tune in radio so will def check out 1560 the game in Houston.

4. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

Truckie?

5. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

I use an app call ooTunes Radio. Exceptionally versatile...highly rated.

Check out its description in the iTunes Store.

6. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

Tune in radio carries 610 as well..

7. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

This is awesome! Clutchfans and Houston radio at the same time! (also from Australia)

All on my phone :)

8. senter

senter Member

do any of those stations play the radio broadcasts of the games? I was looking for an app last season to listen to games on my phone and couldn't find any. All the houston area sports stations were just talking about the texans

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

You'll need the NBA Gametime app listening or watching games. You can watch them live or recorded.

10. Bids9

Bids9 Member

Haha Na mate actually a Postie on a rural run. The two hours I'm on the road should coincide with the majority of the draft well early part of it anyways.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

11. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

By the way, the ooTunes app picks up all those stations in one app. It picks up something like 30,000 streaming radio stations worldwide. It's a paid app, though. I use it because of all the other stuff it lets me do (like access any music, videos or photos on my home PC via the iPhone...but it takes the ooTunes server version to do that).

It also looks as though the Tunein Radio (and Pro version) would access all the streaming radio stations as well...which would seem to make the IHeart Radio and Radio.com apps redundant (and with those other apps seemingly less functional, from their reviews and descriptions).

Although I hanven't used it, I like the looks of the Tunein Radio (and Pro version) app a lot.

#11 varuscelli, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012