1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quick! Mitt! Change parties. Become a Democrat, and go for the nomination for President this year

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fool you twice so what? What's the point of engaging anyone on here if you can't give them second or third chances? You aren't loaning him money.

What's the consequence - if your time is so valuable than why even bother posting or engaging him at all?

RayRay10 and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I wouldn’t mind having a president who doesn’t begin with name-calling and insults but instead entertain the arguments in an open-minded and charitable fashion that unites people instead of divides for his own gain. But we can't always get what we want.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

Who said my time was particularly valuable?

I am not buying what he is selling ok.

If you want to thats fine, I will wait and see until proven otherwise.

I don't understand why you are getting huffy?

Do you know how much he has tried to provoke me?

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say I find most of the pieces I post here to be thought-provoking in a good way. Some I agree with, some I agree in part and disagree in part, and some I simply believe will create a bit of a stir here.

I also tend to post things I think are worth reading if they're from a paywalled source others are unlikely to have access to (e.g., the WSJ). Partly the motivation is again to "provoke," in the (hopefully) best and least pejorative sense of that term. I don't think having one's beliefs, ideas, and worldview questioned or examined is as scary or subversive or evil as folks here sometimes make it out to be. Maybe that's naive on my part, maybe it's optimistic. Part of it is being a contrarian, too, I'm sure. But that contrarian aspect is also related to what I do for a living.

#64 Os Trigonum, Feb 5, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Deckard, RayRay10 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So why doesn't anything going against Trump interest you?

Why isn't anything from a liberal source or author thought provoking?

Why are right leaning articles the only thing worth reading?

Why do you post these articles in threads that have nothing to do with the topic at hand?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't come across that way as it seems to be more provoking the left in a way meant to antagonize people versus provoke thoughtful discussion. I am not sure if that is your intent. If your intent is to have thoughtful discussion, I'd post the pieces and state your honest opinion. Because your actual posts involve satire / sarcasm at times, it's not clear when you are representing your view versus being sarcastic or being contrarian. And that is going to cause a lot of grief versus create discussion.

People are sensitive, and you seem to recognize that fact. Do you want to provoke people emotionally or intellectually is the question. Again, I cross the line myself so I don't judge you for your posting style, I am just sharing the lessons I have learned in my 20 years on this BBS

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Someone really needs some extra attention today. SAD.

dachuda86 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

9. foh

foh Member

Is it fun to play a trump supporter when Trump supporters themselves don't really seem to want to engage? I say that because your articles are lopsidedly pro-trump.

Your articles don't seem to stir anyone on the conservative side to start talking. Democrats don't like to read opposing opinions because it's annoyingly one sided (and oftentimes intentionally dumb) and conservatives might not want to read because they prefer cable. Any chance you could start providing key points of the articles you post to help with that aspect of things?

Otherwise these posts betray attention seeking behavior and headline provocation.

What do you do for a living? Curious. Plus maybe I could suggest that vocation to my contrarian friends.

I don't blame others for accusing you of being for Trump. Trump ran as a contrarian.

#69 foh, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes we have. Stop assuming everyone's experience. We base your dumbassary and bad faith rhetoric based on the content of you posts.

11. fchowd0311

Most of your pieces are not thought provoking.

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

and yet here we are discussing them

jcf and cml750 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

We aren't discussing your articles. We are discussing your habit of spamming bad faith propaganda pieces that have been time and time again easily debunked with just a surface level amount of curiosity.

Dude, aren't you an older poster? Don't you have grandkids to enjoy rather than posting so much in bad faith? I couldn't imagine wasting so much time here just to trigger people. I post here a lot but it's my own genuine beliefs.

Do people get that senile when they get older where they resort to so much time wasted on bad faith discussion?

AleksandarN likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Good for Romney, makes me feel better about voting for him in 2012. Ethics are so far gone for the Republicans right now, it's depressing. Party above all else.

And as we usually see, the party is quick to eat their own for dissent.

RayRay10, Invisible Fan, Nook and 3 others like this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He answered your question. Party affiliation can be fuzzy. He is technically a registered Democrat, for practical reasons, but he identifies more as an independent than a Democrat.

No need to accuse him of lying on this point.

jcf, RayRay10, Nook and 2 others like this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What is a far right “leaning” source? A center right source?

17. fchowd0311

The Federalist. He's posts articles time and time again that require a deep right wing bubble to accept the premises of the article.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In 2012 I didn't vote for Ronmey but I said he was a good man. I'm glad to see my assessment of him has been proven.

It's so rare for us these days to see an actual profile in courage and what we saw on the floor of the Senate was that.

pirc1, Invisible Fan, Nook and 2 others like this.
  19. fchowd0311

There has never been a US senator who voted to remove a president in their own party in American history. Kinda shows how all Senate impeachment trials are partisan shams. But also shows how bad Trump is that he would be the fist president to have a member of his own party openly vote to remove him.

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I'm not older, chowd, you're just immature. ;):p

jcf likes this.