1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Quick! Mitt! Change parties. Become a Democrat, and go for the nomination for President this year

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

convince you of what?

2. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I'm happy for you.

I am happy for them.

I am happy that you have friends.

You do not know me.

cml750 likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I know your posts. They speak enough about your political leanings. For this limited reading, I don't need to know you. I see what you post.

I wouldn't mind knowing someone who didn't run away from what they post and owned up to it.

4. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I guess, I think tonight folks here are just fired up because they're realizing the Grand Project of the past three years has come to an end, and they are in the first stages of grieving. So I'd be tempted to cut them a bit of slack, at least for a bit.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We all know that's a lie.

If you didn't care you would not say it every other day.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind knowing people who don't begin with name-calling and insults but instead entertain the arguments in an open-minded and charitable fashion. But we can't always get what we want. ;)

jcf likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

believe what you want to believe. The only times I have brought it up are when people are pressing me hard for my background. I respond honestly and then get called a liar. That part of it annoys me, I'll admit.

But otherwise, I don't really care, no.

jcf and cml750 like this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

SAD TROMBONE!

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

yeah, I know.

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Of course you do, it's very obvious.

If you didn't care why would keep responding?

Why would you mention it ever.

Do you see me declaring every other how I lean?

12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

because tonight there is no Rockets game and I'm bored

no, I'm too easily distracted by your ongoing demonstrations of, shall we say, your intellectual prowess

jcf and cml750 like this.
  13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He isn't name calling. Honestly, you do run away and deflect a great deal. Many times you dodge conversation or debates - you do have a hit and run style of posting.

That's not an insult to you. That's not name calling. It's a valid critique of your posting style.

I would also point out you do seem to condescend and belittle people on here. In this very thread, on this page.

You're a highly intelligent man. It's clear as day to me. I really wish you'd drop the schtick and have genuine conversations - I think it would turn an acrimonious experience into a far more fulfilling one. Maybe you're just testing ideas out or playing a game - but it really doesn't lead anywhere.

If you are truly a moderate, than post like one. Discuss like one. You may think you are being a contrarian but you are not, you're trolling.

jiggyfly and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

lol---I'm an independent. You're not an independent. "Libertarian" or "independent" the vast majority of the time is used by trump supporters that want to bring more validation to their points, so people think they are coming from the middle or they're just too p***y to admit their stance. You're the latter, its just surprising you're not aware of that yet

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

nope, I get that, and your description of my tendencies is very fair and accurate. I will "deflect" as you say usually when someone else "draws first blood," i.e., they're the first one to be a jerk or an ******* without cause or provocation. Then I don't respond because I believe such individuals don't deserve the courtesy of an actual response.

16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't call names. I don't believe the names you call yourself.

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

see @Sweet Lou 4 2 , here's an example of someone "drawing first blood" and resorting to insults and name-calling right out of the gate.

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not sure he drew first blood as you have had a long ongoing dialogue with many posters here - we all have that. We've all insulted one another at very times. And like I said, you're quite intelligent and well capable of needling someone and putting them on tilt. No one is a saint here.

Politics are frustrating. And you are right, right now many dems/moderates/liberals are disgusted with the state of politics and what is going on. People are frustrated and worked up. If you were a moderate Dem, you'd understand that and wouldn't be needling others. That's why I doubt your sincerity and how genuine you are being.

I do think you are intelligent and not a blunt object like many posters on here. It would be far more enjoyable to debate you without you playing devil's advocate or whatever you are doing on here.

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Do you have super sensitive fee fees?

You did it again, you post passive aggressive "im not doing anything shots" and the second you get called out you run away. That's why everyone is calling you out. Sweating bullets as usual I see

FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

fair enough, a civil tone usually will go pretty far in terms of actual discussion ;)