1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions and Answers!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doc Rocket, Jun 4, 2002.

1. Doc Rocket

Doc Rocket Contributing Member

BRADLEY IS HORRIBLE!!!!

Why do people compare Ming to him?

BTW - talked to a fella today and on the 'down-low'....EVERYONE IS CALLING FOR MING!! The calls are not coming in for J Williams at all. That's not it. People are wanting to find out what the Rockets are learning right now. The other NBA teams are all calling about MING - not Butler, not Dunleavy. They're not looking to move up for power or position. They're calling with trades where they get Ming.

It doesn't suprise me to hear this really...even though I was shocked to find out the quantity of information that has been realyed to other teams. What suprises me is that if we were 2 - 10, we'd be BEGGING to move up and take MING. Now that we have it, we want to trade it for guys like Kandi? Camby? Odom? Come on guys!

Here are some questions that i ask myself when I'm alone and i talk to myself and I just say hello and I just say hey and i just smile and i just say hey back and i just say how was your day and i just say cool and i just say....(Well, you get the drift!!)

This guy is 7'5"...period!
    This guy is a GREAT shooter...period!
    This guy has a HUGE lower half and a weaker upper-half...period.
    This guy is a GREAT passer...period!
    This guy is a HARD worker...period!
    This guy is a TEAM player...period!
    This guy is a SMART player...period!

Is he stronger than Shaq? No!
    Does he possess better skills than Wilcox or Borchardt across the board? Yes!
    Are they NBA ready? No!
    Are they better than the CBA? Probably!
    Is MING considerably better than ANYONE inthe CBA? Yes.
    Could any player at anytime EVER go 21 for 21 in a game against anyone? No..oh wait!!!! Yes!
    Could Borchardt or Wilcox or Cato do it in the CBA? No!
    Is MING stronger, quicker, smarter, more passionate, a better player than Bradley right now? F***ING A RIGHT HE IS!!

Does he want to get better? Yes!
    Does he want to TRY and get better? Yes!
    Does he have more heart than Kelvin SH!+8AG Cato? Uhh..YES!
    Are guys like Kelvin cancers to teams trying to win? Yes!
    Are guys like MING? No!
    Can any human block his outside shot? No!
    Would it be Shaq, Duncan, Dikembe, Wallace way out there trying? Yes!
    Could it open up the middle? Yes!
    Would it ultimately help Steve and Cuttino so they can play their little one on one game? Yes!
    Would the alley-oop be easier to throw? Yes!
    Will MING go down low and knock someone to the floor with BRUTE strength? No!
    Does Duncan? No!
    Can MING block Duncan? Yes!
    Can Eddie Griffin block Duncan? Yes!
    Can Duncan block them? Yes!
    Can anyone block a MING skyhook once it's developed? NO FREAKING WAY!!
    Can Ming pass out of the block? Yes!
    Can he step out and hit it? Yes!
    Will he pass to Francis cutting the lane? Yes!
    Will he board and kick the outlet pass so Steve, Cuttino, and either Rashard/ Odom can finish the FAST BREAK? Yes!
    Do we need MING to finish the break? No!
    Do we need him to rebound and block shots? Yes!
    Do we need Eddie to do the same? Yes!
    Was Eddie G ready for the NBA? No!
    Can MING average 14, 10, 3 his first year? YES!
    Can MING be a championship piece? YES!
    COULD HE BE THE MAIN PIECE?? Possibly!!

And that's why you draft him!!!

Now for Jason Williams....

:eek:

2. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

hey Doc, thanks for the tad bit of info...

one quick ?, is it realistic to think the Rockets can still get Odom or Rashard without dealing the #1 pick?? Any scenarios in your opinion that might satisfy both teams?

thanks as always

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Thanks Doc, we needed that...Heck I needed your input so much. I am no longer scared...I think.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Posted by Doc Rocket:

"Will he board and kick the outlet pass so Steve, Cuttino, and either Rashard/ Odom can finish the FAST BREAK? Yes!"

Woo hoo!

Lets talk about that 15th pick!

5. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

He's Coming!

Ming + Rashard or Odom? I Like! :cool:

#5 SteveFrancis3, Jun 4, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2002
  6. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Thanks Doc.

I agree with every last word except the 14 / 10 / 3. My conservative nature says it's going to take him awhile to adjust so I say 12 / 6 / 2. Still not bad.

Embedded in Doc's post is that Ming is passionate about basketball. That speaks volumes to me.

#6 GATER, Jun 4, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2002
  7. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Geez you can't do any better than that Doc Rocket.

I was sold on Ming, but now I've got a valid argument to shove down people's troat who say Ming is the Next Bradley.

8. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

Get on the MING bandwagon NOW people!!!

MING is the THING!!!!

9. mduke

mduke Member

Don't you mean he's coMING?;)

10. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I have great fear that our momentary elation on draft day will be p*ssed down the drain within half hour of the triumph of drafting Ming Yao.

I hope we still have the heart of a champion.

11. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Winners take risks. Hence Yao equals Risk which is always necessary for suceess, which equals Championships.

I was once told, no balls no glory.

Man we're talking about a 7'5" center with skills!!!! Come on people, what is there to think about.

Everyone would have taken him last year at number one. And that was one of the deepest drafts to come out in 10 years.

12. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Despite your most recent efforts, Doc, I'm still in the Odom camp. Ming is still too big of a risk. Let's go for the sure thing and be heros. I think we could build around a core of Francis, Mobley, Odom, and Griffin. Odom is a rare talent, and we'd be lucky to add him and Maggette, along with the #8.

Ming may not enjoy Houston in the long term. Remember, there is a decent chance that he'll bolt for NYC after his rookie deal is up. Don't know how he'll hold up after an 82 game season, either. How come we can't get a workout with this guy?

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Pervis Ellison and Michael Olowokandi....big risks, big busts.
    Shaq and Dream- sure bets, HOFers

14. R0ckets03

15. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Odom is a solid player. But he is just a piece of the puzzle.

Ming can be the Franchise center eveyone dreams about but never has. Houston has a history of having top centers, let's keep that tradition alive.

16. R0ckets03

How about this? ;)

17. New Jack

New Jack Member

Well Doc has stated in the past, and he pretty much states it here again, Odom can be had WITHOUT giving up the #1 pick. If the Clippers are willing to trade him without us giving them the #1 then I think that's a sign he's NOT WORTH the #1.

18. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

<i>BTW - talked to a fella today and on the 'down-low'....EVERYONE IS CALLING FOR MING!! The calls are not coming in for J Williams at all. That's not it. People are wanting to find out what the Rockets are learning right now. The other NBA teams are all calling about MING - not Butler, not Dunleavy. They're not looking to move up for power or position. They're calling with trades where they get Ming.</i>

That makes more sense. People just don't overpay for point guards.

<i>Pervis Ellison and Michael Olowokandi....big risks, big busts.
    Shaq and Dream- sure bets, HOFers</i>

News Flash....there's not a sure thing in this draft or available via trade. If there was a Duncan or Olajuwon available then we would acquire them.

19. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Kandi's "bust" status hasn't stopped many posters here from wanting to trade the #1 for Kandi and a good (not great) SF in a market loaded with SF's. My conclusion --- in the remote bust scenario, you still have trade value.

20. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

"rashard/odom"

Which one of these players fits better on the Rockets. Assuming that they could both be had for the same price, which one would you rather have?

I don't get the chance to catch many rockets games where i live so it's hard for me to exactly speak to which one would better fit the rocket's offensive system. But it seems to me, that a sweet shooting rashard might be a better fit than the better overall player odom. Though i would love to have either if it doesn't involve the #1.