1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Questions about NRG Stadium

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by HuskyGal, Jan 5, 2024.

1. HuskyGal

HuskyGal New Member

Hey all!

As you can maybe tell from my name, I'm a Husky fan making a trip to your fine city this weekend for some (college) football. I've only spent one night in Houston, and I've never been to NRG Stadium, but I was hoping that I could find some people here who might have familiarity with the stadium and the seating there. I'm going to be buying off the secondary market and would welcome any advice you have.

I'm looking at getting seats in the 100 section, specifically section 106. They'd be my belated Christmas gift from my husband, so he's okay with me spending a little bit of cash on them. I found a couple pairs of great seats - one in the second row, one in the eighth - and was curious if anyone has thoughts on whether the second row is too close for good viewing? I am very short so my fear is that if I sit too far back, if I end up with someone tall in front of me then I've just traveled all that way to look at someone's back. :D But I also want to be able to see over the players on the sidelines and have a generally good view of the field. Where should I try to end up? Any thoughts as to how far back is ideal?

Anyway, any advice you'd be willing to share is so appreciated. And if you're also a UT fan, then I'm sorry we couldn't both make the championship. Sark has done some great stuff at UT, it appears, and I'm sure you're going to become another SEC power team. Good luck (except for when you play the Huskies, which is surprisingly common as of late)!

2. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve only sat in the lower bowl seats but from what I can tell you, every seat seems pretty good. I’m at 5’9 and I’ve never had a problem seeing any part of the field. I’m always in Section 101.

HuskyGal likes this.
  3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

In 2023, I went to a texans game, and I also bought tickets in the 106 section, but I would prefer you go up, because the players could block the view, I was in row 15, and had a nice view, so I think above row 10, is a better view, than row 2. in the section behind the benches.
    Near the the goal posts like other said in 101, could be a better view, since players usually dont go to the corner.
    there is

You could see a bit how it could be the view in this site, and also has some good tips
    https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/NRG+Stadium/sections/

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Great stadium, been there many times. Good visibility almost everywhere. I like bringing binoculars for close ups. Plus, with the horrible weather predicted for Monday night, you will be dry and comfortable.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

If you're interested in watching the game, being within the first 5-10 rows of the field is a total buzzkill for anyone short or tall. You will have a great view of the sideline and all that goes on there, but as far as the action on the field your viewing angle is bad.

If you're short chances are you will be able to switch seats with your husband to get a better view.

My favorite section in the stadium is the Mezzanine (350-353, 322-325). Best value IMO. You can see every play develop like a video game (even on the far end of the field) and your line of sight feeds directly up to the video boards so no whiplash/constant neck turning.

mikol13 likes this.