1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Question about a Stray Dog.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HookemHorns1250, Jun 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. HookemHorns1250

Ok, so there's a Lab that lives about two blocks from mine, and showed up at our house one day with no collar, so naturally we drove around and finally found it's owner.

Now it apparently got loose again, came back but this time it has a tag on it. The worst part though was there was a thunderstorm and the dog was absolutely soaked, which means it was left outside during this storm. What should I do? Should I just hand him back over to his owner, or call someone about it?

Thanks again for your time.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

During storms I just keep strays in the garage then in the morning when the weather is better I let them out.

3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Just let him free, his owner will find him or he'll just go home once he's hungry or thirsty enough.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had a similar situation in college. A guy down the street had this dog that constantly wondered the neighborhood. She would get in people's trash so I'm guessing they stopped feeding her. I started putting water out and one day it finally approached me so I could pet her. At that time the owner drove by and yelled, "you want her? you can keep her", so I did. Best dog i ever had...once I got her to stop eating trash.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pretty strange timing. Almost like the owners baited you into taking their dog lol.

6. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

come to think of it, he was laughing hysterically.

7. CCorn

CCorn Member

This is how i met my girlfriend.

1 person likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

That is how I got my first girlfriend.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

If you turn dogs into a shelter, BARC is the best one - as they do everything in their power to adopt them out. The staff there is great and also look for foster homes when possible.

http://houstontx.gov/barc/BARC-Home-Page

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Why would you take a dog to BARC when it has a tag and you actually know where it lives from past encounters?

I think the OP is asking if he should call Animal Control vs the owner, for some odd reason. I mean, it's not like the dog is playing basketball in the driveway all alone or anything like that.

OP, just help out the owner and give him/her a call to pick the dog up.

11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Just pointing out that if you are going to turn a dog in that BARC is the place to do it. Animal Control and the SPCA don't put in as much work to adopt out dogs.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I take responsibility for non-stray dogs in my neighborhood and always get **** from the owners when they find me in their home. So I recommend not being there when they get home, and don't leave the empty beer bottles in the sink.

13. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most of the time the dog will eventually go home. Hell dogs want to walk around and visit and check out what's going on. People always bringing them inside holding them up, taking them to the shelter. Leave them alone, talk them, pet them give em a cold drink.

14. dragician

dragician Member

yes they're yummy.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This is how I dump my girlfriends.

1 person likes this.