1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Puerto Rico crying for help; Trump lands in New Jersey for 2nd straight relaxing golf weekend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A reaction:

Trump's Puerto Rico event was way worse than his tweets

The whole 13+ minutes is surreal. Time and time again, Trump makes the whole thing about him -- using the various officials, military and otherwise, around him to reinforce the ideas that he is doing a great job. On display is someone wholly wrapped up in himself, incapable of understanding that this moment -- on the ground of a historic natural disaster for the Puerto Rican people --was not about him.
    This is Trump off the telemprompter. Twitter Trump. Trump's real personality -- when words are not being carefully selected for him.
    Trump knew -- because everyone wrote about it and TV talked about it relentlessly -- that the big question today in Puerto Rico was whether he could show some actual empathy, some human kindness to people he didn't know but who were still his constituents.
    And, even knowing that, Trump delivered a navel-gazing, self-championing, victimhood-seeking speech that reeked of tone-deafness and out-of-touch-ism.
    Even for this President, who has redefined presidential -- and not for the better -- this is a truly remarkable low.
    But he wasn't done.
    According to an on-the-ground report from CNN's Kevin Liptak, Trump seemed to see himself in a sort of Santa Claus role while handing out supplies to disaster victims.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/03/politics/trump-puerto-rico/index.html

It looks to me like the media are getting those rolls of paper towels. This man is totally self-absorbed. What an embarrassment for the country. The video below shows what a disgusting person this "man" really is:

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Jesus H. Christ. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I have to admit it: I'm surprised.

Show up, insult the level of the catastrophe, complain about money the country is spending to help its citizens, and then toss paper towels to them basketball style.

You just could not dream up a troll or parody version better/worse than this guy. It's like "The Office" kind of hand-held camera comedy, but with actual stakes.

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously
    I was very disappointed my self
    Then I was disappointed for being disappointed because. . . . i know better. . . i know "The Trumps"

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

FYI I’ve seen on FB today these fake news stories about “a friend from PR” who says things are great and media is fake and mean to Trump etc etc ...

Apparently these are fake news bots from Russia According to snopes.

Shocking I know.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

TRUMP: What a job the Coast Guard has done throughout this whole — throughout this whole ordeal. They would go right into the middle of that — I mean, I don’t know, I wouldn’t want to be doing it, but I want to thank everybody. I want to thank the Coast Guard. They are special, special, very brave people.

And a lot of people got to see the real Coast Guard during this incredible trouble, and especially I think here and in Texas was incredible what they did. So thank you all very much. Thank you very much. We appreciate it. Really appreciate it.

Would you like to say something on behalf of your men and women?

AIR FORCE REPRESENTATIVE: Sir, I’m representing the Air Force.

TRUMP: No, I know that.

zksb09, B-Bob, el gnomo and 1 other person like this.
  6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

and golf the previous day dedicating a trophy to them LOL.

Straight out of the onion. I admit...watching his supporters juggle this is somewhat amusing. They are at the point they realize they are slightly crazy.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Another example of Trump just randomly spouting off stuff, which other White House officials then contradict. A competent executive doesn't do this, not with the mayor of San Juan, not with NFL protests and not with the Puerto Rico debt, either.

#87 Carl Herrera, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Sometime I wonder if Trump is human or a very advanced, but not yet perfected humanoid robot.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I try not to hate anyone. It's a toxic emotion that stems from irrationality and lack of understanding about how the world and free will works.

But I am very god damned close to hating this man. I hope this is his senility talking and he really isn't this much of an *******.

el gnomo and Rashmon like this.
  10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

More footage of the Dipshit in Puerto Rico...

zksb09 and B-Bob like this.
  11. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Just inexcusable. Why does he talk like that... all the repeating, rambling, starting sentences only to trail off? Reading transcripts of his speeches are like reading John Doe's notebooks in Se7en.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I see on the TV he is arriving in Las Vegas right now. So, we'll get another day of Trump megalomania today.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Oh, he is human. I'm an expert on "humanoid robots." Androids, in other words. I'm not sure that Mr. trump is a man, however. He certainly doesn't act like one. Mr. trump acts like a 14 ro 15 year old playground bully. You know, the kind that are riddled with insecurities and attempt to "make up" for that by being an utter ******* to everyone that doesn't sing his praises constantly. He needs to be surrounded by sycophants kissing his arse every waking moment that the "man" isn't on the toilet, tweeting bizarre crap to complete strangers out in the ether. I agree that he doesn't act human. I'll give you that.

CometsWin likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Every day Trump and his people find ways to offend and embarrass...

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Maybe he just means eliminate the word "debt," so that Two Scoops meant to say he would be "wiping out Puerto Rico," as if with one big absorbent paper towel.

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

More Puerto Rico coverage...
    [​IMG]

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Some media outlets are trying too hard.

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Puerto Ricans love president Trump further proving the faux outrage

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

RL es loco en la cabeza porque es muy delirante respecto el Presidente Trump.