1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Public sexual assault(cavity search) because of Pot?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rockbox, Aug 15, 2015.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/08/14/us/texas-woman-search/index.html

Texas is becoming the new florida. We give cops way to much power.

2. g1184

g1184 Member

Forget the pot, cavity search for any reason in a public setting is sketch.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Terrible story if true, and it probably is.

Related: What percentage of Americans are going commando on an average day?

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

All that for weed?

There are police, and there are pigs.

Those pigs were out for bacon.

5. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

No one bats an eyelash when this happens to naturally well endowed men.

And believe me, it happens more than you'd think.

http://youtu.be/0nD3XXtnKC4

I am more than a sexual object.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Crazy that this behavior is considered a misdemeanor. Sounds like rape to me

HCSO Deputies Who Ordered Cavity Search at Gas Station Indicted

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/hc...cavity-search-at-gas-station-indicted-8524840

A year after Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies took off a woman's pants in a gas station parking lot to search her vagina for mar1juana, a grand jury has indicted two officers for their conduct.

Deputies William Strong and Ronaldine Pierre face one count of official oppression, a misdemeanor offense.

On June 21, 2015, Strong and another deputy pulled over Cornesia Corley for allegedly rolling a stop sign. As we reported last year, one of the officers claimed he smelled mar1juana during the stop and ordered 21-year-old Corley to “step into my office” (the back of the police cruiser) as deputies searched her car. They failed to find anything illegal.

But when one of the deputies came back to the police cruiser, he claimed he still smelled mar1juana. Corley's attorney, Sam Cammack, told the Houston Press that a deputy told the passenger in her car that “we're gonna find it one way or another.” That's when Strong told Corley the police would have to perform a body cavity search. He called in female deputies to do it — even though police obtained no warrant for the search, which multiple attorneys, law professors and advocates believe was unconstitutional.

Cammack told us Corley said she wasn't wearing any underwear when the female cops ordered her to pull down her pants, and was understandably hesitant to comply because she was in the parking lot of a Texaco gas station. But apparently, this didn't matter to the sheriff's department. Instead, deputies handcuffed Corley and took off her pants themselves. Cammack said deputies, including Pierre, put her on the ground and made her spread her legs while another deputy stuck her fingers in Corley's vagina.

Interestingly, that's the deputy who was not indicted, Cammack said (he thinks the reason is that she was just following orders and said she believed the search was wrong). Strong and Pierre, though, have been suspended for an indefinite amount of time, according to the sheriff's office.

Cammack said the charges were a relief for Corley, but that they are still fighting against Harris County in federal court: Corley has filed a lawsuit alleging a civil rights violation, asking for $15 million in damages.

Last June, though deputies claimed they found .002 ounces of pot during the search, Cammack said the case was tossed because, since the search was unconstitutional, the police had no probable cause to arrest Corley. She was also charged with resisting arrest — apparently for being squeamish about a stranger shoving her hand up her vagina — but that charge was also dropped.

A sheriff's department spokesman did not return a request for comment, and in its obligatory press release, the department said little about the incident — certainly nothing that conveyed an admission that the warrantless cavity search was inappropriate for deputies to perform. Not long after the incident, though, spokesman Thomas Gilliland told Channel 13 that HCSO believes “the deputies did everything as they should."

If that means performing vaginal or anal searches for mar1juana during a traffic stop at a gas station —something many experts agree is illegal — then we sure as hell hope none of you get stopped by a Harris County sheriff's deputy.

7. rockbox

There are no ramification for police doing bad stuff which is why we have BLM, and why people are shooting at cops. It creates a us against them environment.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Unbelievable.

DD

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Seriously they need to do an entire paradigm shift of the types of people they hire for law enforcement. Currently in the law enforcement hiring process, never smoking pot in your life is a more important qualification for the job than out right intelligence.

I think we should have less cops but those less cops would be far more qualified(bachelors degree minimum).

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Supposedly they found .002 ounces of weed. That's less then a gram.

All of that just to illegally find less then a gram of weed. Where is Sam Cooke when you really need him, a change has gotta come.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i hope they all sue and win big. it's the only way the chiefs will communicate top down with the thug cops on the road to cut that **** out. need outside pressure for change.

also, i though mar1juana has been decriminalized in tx? did i mishear?

12. rockbox

The cops don't care about the lawsuits. They aren't paying for it. It normally comes out of the city budget.

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agreed, but it was probably negotiated down: plead guilty to this lesser charge and spare the victim the trauma of proving the more egregious charge. The victim still has to go through the civil suit but since the burden of proof is lower maybe, hopefully the process isn't as traumatic.

If the perps don't plead guilty or the victim blasts the indictment, I'll take it back.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

right that's why i said outside pressure. if the mayor or someone like that, comes down on the chief and says quit causing major lawsuits that are guaranteed loses then it will trickle down to the thugs.

15. hvic

hvic Member

Wow this is the first time I'm hearing this and the stupid media should of picked up this story. Where is quanell x and the panthers when you need them

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Did they find that in her cooch?

17. rockbox

Unfortunately Mayors don't get elected without the police union endorsement. The system is rigged at the local level.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

If this is true then the officers acted stupidly. I will withhold final personal judgement until all the facts come out but on the surface it does look like the officers were wrong, very wrong.