1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[PS3] A place to repair a 60GB PS3 that can't read discs?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by H-Town Info, Aug 10, 2009.

Tags:
  1. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

I don't want to send it to Sony for 165 bucks with tax/shipping...

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

what happened and have you checked any PS3 forums to look for similar problem threads?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I recommend Moes, he does an outstanding job...

DD

4. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

my ps3 overheated and basically died. I paid the 165, but check craigslist. People can do it for a fraction of the price usually on the spot

5. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

Yea 99% sure I need a new blu-ray laser as it doesn't read or spin any discs.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I'm not a repair guy by any means, I just was able to hook some people up with some old 60gb units.

Don't get it twisted here. :cool:

7. Poloshirtbandit

Same for me. I just wanted piece of mind in case something went wrong after repair.

8. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Cmon guys you need to take care of your ps3's!

I keep my house cool with a/c and vaccum dust out of the vents every once in a while on my ps3. Too bad these aren't the ps2 days where I basically let my ps2 rot but still works like a champ :D

but yeah I also did have that happen to me once where the bluray just completely stopped working but luckily I was still under warranty. Also.. NEVER turn off your ps3 from the back switch for those of you who do.

Only turn off your back switch when your ps3 is in stand by mode (red light) but after I got my ps3 back it's been working great since feb 08, I have the 40gig but now replaced with a 250gig hdd